Thread: Map a network drive using Motorola Droid

Map a network drive using Motorola Droid

I have been trying to connect to a server to my Droid so that I can able to view and download files whenever I required. Actually I am looking for Mapping Network Drive application which is not limited to FTP. Is there any kind of application which I can able to download to my Motorola Droid and connect my computer for mapping a drive? Is there any similar application in the Android market? Please offer me some of those.

Re: Map a network drive using Motorola Droid

As far as I know there are number of apps for Android phones as well as for your Droid. There is no shortage of application for Android platform. Due to this plenty application, it become hard for us to choose among them and we don’t know which one is better for our mobile. However the apps within the Android market are very useful and fully featured. You can choose your network mapping drive app from there. In that place you will get details about particular app, video, images of User interface and much more. There are some paid and free versions depending on your needs.

The best ever drive map application I found in the Android market is the ES File Explorer. It is a kind of fully featured file manager and application manager which enables you to explore other phones or computers along with servers. It will available for free download. The main features are as follows:
    • Lets you copy/cut move
    • Different thumbnails
    • Multiselect option
    • Altertext
    • manage applications
    • send together
    • search
    • compress and de-compress
    • media on top of ftp
    • supports Bluetooth

My best choise is the CifsManager. It will administer your cifs/nfs network shares resting on your Android phone or tablet. However the only problem is it requires root access needed. This small application permits you to expediently mount/unmount your network reachable file resources or drives and right to use your information evidently by the use of your favorite Android application. By the help this app you can play videos and music, furthermore access your documents etc. there is a new version is available and the changes are as follows:
    • Additional multi-module load hold up
    • Identify numerous modules in the "Path to cifs.ko" favorite by unraveling them using a colon (":").

AndroMote is an application intended for the Android mobile phone. You can download this from the Android Market place. It hunts your WiFi network in support of Media Servers as well as Media Renderers that recognize the UPnP(tm) protocol. It was experienced by way of more than a few servers as well as players, however some hardware does not work with this application. I hope that this app will be come with many features in the near future.