Thread: My computer cannot detect HTC Desire

My computer cannot detect HTC Desire

I am not sure that what is the exact problem with the connection between my HTC desire and my computer? I have observed that when I attempt to attach my desire with my Dell laptop then it is not able to make out that the phone is connected. Can you tell me that what is the solution for this issue and what is the possible reason for this problem? I have tried to do this many times but all the times, I got the same result and it just does not detect my phone. Please reply as early as possible. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: My computer cannot detect HTC Desire

I think that the problem is with the drivers that are installed in your computer. They may be either corrupted or not installed properly and so you are getting such problems. It will be good for you if you can update all the drivers that are installed on the laptop and I believe that it can actually assist you by means of the problem. If you want to do that then you can visit the official site of Dell. From there you can search and download the latest driver for your computer. From there you will be also able to check if the drivers are installed properly or not. After the successful update, again try to do the connection and this time you can do the connection if that was due to bad driver.

It is also possible that the problem that you are facing is because of the data cable that you are using to connect the phone with the laptop. If it is not giving the proper connection then also computer cannot recognize the phone properly and you will get the issue like this. My suggestion to you is to try a new cable for the connection and see the result. You will easily get the cable from any of the computer hardware shop.

There may be problem with the firmware that is used by your phone. This is one of the most important things in the phone that you need to consider in such cases. If that is the case for you then you can try to install the latest firmware in your computer again. If you want to do that then you just have to go to HTC website and then check if you can comprise the Firmware upgraded. Sometimes older firmware is also not compatible with the other system and hence they cannot be detected. So try this out and I hope that this will solve the issue for you.