Thread: Google contacts does not sync properly in HTC desire HD

Google contacts does not sync properly in HTC desire HD

I have recently got a new htc desire hd for myself. Well the problem is that my Google contacts are not getting to sync properly with my phone. Well rest others are getting properly synced, only the Google contacts is giving the problem. Well I have tried cleaning the contacts storage but it had failed to give any results. So what do you think what can be the possible solution here? I have literally tried every possible steps that is possible from me. It is a great phone but it is giving problem with this topic only.

Re: Google contacts does not sync properly in HTC desire HD

I would suggest you to clear the cache of the people application that you are having in the phone. In case you don’t know how to clear the cache then let me tell you some steps regarding it
    1) First you have to go to the settings and from there you will reach the applications.
    2) In the applications go to the manage applications.
    3) Under that select all option, after that go to the people application.
    4) In that you will get the option to clear cache.
    So do try with the above method it will definitely help you.

There has been lot of issues regarding this Google contacts. So the best possible solution would be to possibly add each and every contacts In the list. I think this would be the best option. I have tried looking at the various forums and the suggestions given there are quite weird, so I decided to not to follow them. Even I had to do the same procedure with my phone and the result it is working fine. So do it manually if you have long contacts list then it would be time consuming but its better to try the safe method.

One of my friend suggested me a strange method that worked for me. So I thought that I would share this method with you. Well what you can do is go to the gmail contacts and select more actions. In the more actions you will get the find and merge duplicates. Just select this particular action and hopefully all the contacts will start syncing again. This method helped me a lot. So that’s why I am suggesting you this method. So do try with this particular method and let me know if you are successfully able to sync the contacts in to the list.

hey thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. well let me tell you that i have got the desired result. now i am successfully able to sync all the contacts of the gmail to my phone. I did follow all the suggestion that have been specified by you all and tried it one by one and ultimately i have got all the contacts properly. So i need to thank you all for the efforts that you have given to help me solve my issue.