Thread: Security concerns regarding htc desire hd

Security concerns regarding htc desire hd

I wanted to ask this from you all. Finally I have got this opportunity. Well I needed to know that is it safe to do online banking or providing bank card numbers while purchasing anything online through the phone. Well if we are doing the same thing with the computer then it has latest firewalls and the antivirus for the protection against the hackers but what about the protection of the phone. Are there any security means that will help for the phone such that some of the essential information's like bank card number does not get leaked out in the public. If you have any thought's or views regarding this topic then do share it with me.

Re: Security concerns regarding htc desire hd

Well if you are talking about hacking your phone then let me tell you the method that is implemented for hacking the phone is not applied same for the computer as well. Talking about the firewalls and the antivirus let me tell you firewalls are used In the computer to protect against the possible threats that come from network and the antiviruses are used to protect from viruses and malwares. So if someone wants to hack your phone then, they will use the different methods that are used for the phone to hack and not for the method that they use for hacking the computer. So don’t compare the computer with the mobile phones. They both have different threats as well as different protective means. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say.

Let me inform you that’s there are antiviruses available for the protection of the phone. As per as the hacking method is concerned the phone uses different technology for the encryption method. So someone who tries to hack your phone using the method he uses to hack the computer then he will be unsuccessful. For better protection of the phone ensure that you don’t give your bank card number to anyone not even your close friend. If you are trying to do some online banking then always follow the methods that are given to you by the particular banks.

One popular method of hacking the phone is through the Bluetooth. If you pair your device with some one else device then as long as your Bluetooth is on all the data from your phone can be transferred from your phone to the other persons phone. So always remember to switch off your Bluetooth whenever you do not use it. There is a particular software that will extract all your data without your knowledge. So you will have to keep updating yourself regarding the latest threats and also the protection measures you have to take against the threats. Also keep your phone updated with the latest antivirus it is always helpful.

Ok i got the necessary information regarding this topic. Thanks a lot everyone for providing this information. Well i was very much concerned about this topic since i was planning to do some online banking through my mobile. Since i must be updated with the latest security measures for the phone. So that's why i thought it would be better to take the advice from you all. So thanks a lot everyone for the advice.