Thread: Anonyms update ruined my Xperia X10i.

Anonyms update ruined my Xperia X10i.

Hello friends, I am using Sony Ericson Xperia X10 for a quite some time now and I haven’t got any trouble with my this phone until last night when I got a message that a update to my firmware is available and press OK to download it. The Ok button got pressed by me unknowingly and due to which the update got installed on my mobile, but after the update when I restarted my mobile phone I found that the phone was behaving some what differently and all my previous data had got deleted after the update. Also my contacts were not found in the list and now I am unable to get the phone to make a phone call to any one. So can any one help me to know how to get rid of this problem as I cannot stay away from my phone for such along time.

Re: Anonyms update ruined my Xperia X10i.

The update that comes on the screen should not be installed on your mobile phone until you are sure that who have send you that update. It can be that a unidentified person might have send you this update program that contains a Trojan program which when installed on your mobile phone will take control of your phone and will cause a great deal of damage. So I think that the only option left would be to format your mobile in the hope that the program that have got inserted in your mobile will get deleted and you will be free with the problem.

May be you should call the service provider and ask them whether they have send you such update or not and if they have send the update then you should inform them about your problem and see if they will be able to help you in solving your problem. May be the update was infected with some virus and that is why you are facing the problem and resending the update can also help you in solving the problem. I hope that it does the trick and the problem not be very major one.

I have also received the update of the firm ware on my mobile phone last night and I instantly installed the update without any fear but mine update was successful and it has really helped me in increasing the phone performance. My mobile phones has got speed improvements in messaging tasks and also have provided with better user interface then I had previous. Maybe I think that the update had caused some miss functioning of the programs in your mobile and that is why you are facing this problem. Just format your mobile and then see if you are able to recover from the error.

Guys thanks for the help, I have asked the service provider and they told me that the update was from their side only but it was some thing to do with my mobile phone. They instructed me to format my mobile phone and I have done exactly that, although I didn’t recover from all the application that I had lost but I have got all my contacts back as prescribed by the service provider.