Thread: How to Disable Delivery Report Notifications in HTC Desire HD

How to Disable Delivery Report Notifications in HTC Desire HD

I am facing this strange problem with my htc desire hd phone. I have to disable the delivery report notification in my phone. This delivery report is not the simple report like in the other phones. In this phone a delivery report means a notification in form of audio as well as in the status bar of the phone. It becomes very irritating since this notification always distracts me. This particular notification is for the entry of the new message but how to disable this notification feature for the delivery report. I have asked this query with my friends but they also don’t have any exact idea regarding this topic. I am hoping that you will be able to solve my issue as quick as possible. So I am waiting for your response.

Re: How to Disable Delivery Report Notifications in HTC Desire HD

I have a simple solution for you. Do try with the below given steps it will definitely help you.
    1) Once you receive the message, open the particular message, then go to the menu option and directly go to the settings.
    2) There you will be the given option to uncheck the notifications that you are receiving it.
    3) Uncheck all the notifications like sound, sent message and also the failure of the sending message notification.
    So do try with the above method it will definitely work for you.

Well let me tell you that I have tried with the above method and it has worked, all the notifications have stopped but what I have noticed is that my message notification has also been disabled. I want this particular notification for the message but I am unable to get it. So do you have any solution that will disable only the delivery report notification and not the normal message notification? Since I have to travel a lot so I want something that will alert me about the new message. So if you have any other solution then do let me know.

Well In the htc desire hd phone you will have this feature enabled in both of the features like the incoming message as well as the delivery report of the phone. So there is nothing much you can do about it. You will have to continue with it as it is. Since the working of the phone is that way only. This can also be a android 2.2 issue also. So the decision is totally yours. You either have to accept it or leave it.