Thread: How to unlock the screen in HTC Desire Phone

How to unlock the screen in HTC Desire Phone

I have recently got a new htc desire phone for myself. I am really very impressed with its features. A few days ago I was reading the manual of the phone and checking out some of the features of the phone. So after some days I have lost the manual and I remembered the methods of locking the screen but while trying to unlock the screen I was unable to do that. Now I cannot unlock the screen by any means. I have tried several methods and also asked some of my friends for the help but none of them seemed to have knowledge regarding this topic. So I was hoping whether you will be able to provide me with the necessary solutions. So I am waiting for your responses.

Re: How to unlock the screen in HTC Desire Phone

Yes I would like to advise you something regarding this topic. So I will explain you in steps do follow them accordingly
    1) In your home screen go to the menu and then tap the settings option in it.
    2) Go to the security option and from there select the unlock pattern.
    3) The screen will give you the necessary instructions regarding the topic and you will have to follow the instructions accordingly and apply it same to the screen.
    So do follow the necessary instructions and you will be able to unlock the screen.

Well in case you have forgotten the unlocking pattern then I have a method for you. What you have to do is
    1) If your screen is locked then try unlocking it with the pattern that you were using. Do try it five times and in case you are unsuccessful then you will be prompted to wait for 30 seconds.
    2) Once you get the message then no need to worry press the ok button.
    3) Your screen will get off. Then you will have to press the power button and your screen will get on. Now press the bar on the lock screen and then you will have to slide down the button to unlock it.
    4) Click on the forgotten screen pattern, then you will have to sign in to the Google account and you can change the pattern of unlocking the screen pattern.
    So do try with the above method and let me know whether this method has helped you in solving your issue.

You can also try with the changing of the unlock screen settings. For that you have to go to the security settings and in that select the screen unlock pattern. You will be given with the three options they are listed below
    1) Require pattern- this option will allow you to disable the screen lock for that you will have to enter the existing screen pattern.
    2) Use visible pattern- this option is used to display the pattern while you enter the phone.
    3) Use tactible feedback- this option is sued to enable the vibration whenever you are trying to enter the unlock pattern for the phone.

Thanks a lot everyone. Your suggestions have really helped me a lot. Well I have changed my screen locking pattern and now I am successfully able to enter the new pattern now. I have learned various methods that I can apply In case I have forgotten the unlock screen pattern of my phone. I tried with the second method and was successful In the first attempt itself. So changing the locking pattern did not gave me much problem.