Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 not functioning properly after updating to 2.1 Android

Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 not functioning properly after updating to 2.1 Android

Hey this is my first post on this forum and I would like to have a very good replies from all you guys, the reason why I am posting here is that I have been having some problem with my Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 which I am being using for quite some time now , the problem started after I updated to 2.1 Android on this phone of mine. Originally came with Android 0.16 operating system I didn’t had any problem with that, the phone was working smoothly but after I updated to Android 2.1 I was getting some white spots on the screen and even sometimes it will get automatically switched off while I was using some application. With the previous version I was able to play all the applications, but with this not all the applications are running, even the previous application that used to run on this phone has stopped running after the update. So guys can some help me to know what is the problem, why I am facing it and what can be done to overcome this .

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 not functioning properly after updating to 2.1 Android

I think that the update to the 2.1 Android operating system might not be successful and that is why you are facing with this problem .Usually it always happens that whenever we update the phone by installing a new operating system and if the phone is giving you some trouble after the update, then it is the operating system that is always at the receiving end. So if you can try formatting the phone again with a new copy of the operating system then I think that you will come to know what is exactly the problem. I hope that formatting the phone again will surely help you in overcome this problem.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 not functioning properly after updating to 2.1 Android

Have you installed all the necessary drivers and files that are necessary in running the new version of the Android 2.1 operating system, if not then I request you to please do it first because without the necessary files the operating system wont function normally. This usually happens with the mobile or even with the system that if they don’t have the necessary files and drivers you are sure to get the problem. So find out that what are the necessary files for this application then even install that and see if it solves the problem.

After the update to the new version of the Android 2.1 operating system, have you switched off your mobile phone for the changes to take effect. If not then please make sure that you have done or else some of the update will be lost, also as far as the white spots on the phone is concerned I would request you to take your battery out of the phone and insert it again and see if the problem persist or not, if it does then I think that you will have to format the phone again.

Guys thanks for the advice and I have successfully done updating the Operating system again and although the problem of the white spots on the screen are cleared but the applications are still not running on the phone. Now why is that the applications are not running on the updated version, is that the Android 2.1 does not support the application or that is there still some problem with the operating system. Can some one please help me to know how will I be able to solve the problem, as I would want to run all the applications that I used to run with my old OS.

Updating the phone operating system is just as same as updating the operating system of the computer system, whenever we update the operating system of the computer some of the old applications will not work on the newer version of the operating system. So I guess that you are also facing with the same problem and for you to overcome this you will have to download and install the application that are compatible with the new version of the OS that is Android 2.1. You will get the application from the same place where you had downloaded the old applications. But now you will have to search for the applications that will be developed specially for Android 2.1 operating system.