Thread: Is it possible in Meego 1.0 to have bme driver for Nokia N900

Is it possible in Meego 1.0 to have bme driver for Nokia N900

I have a Nokia N900 cell phone where I installed Meego 1.0 operating system to run mu applications properly, I had no issue with the installation with the installation of the Meego 1.0 inside my cell phone, I just want to know whether Meego 1.0 have a bme driver for the Nokia n900 cell phone. I also to that how do this driver work with the Meego 1.0 platform for this cell phone, do this is battery management driver or something else. So please let me know your thoughts on this post.

Re: Is it possible in Meego 1.0 to have bme driver for Nokia N900

No I don’t think that bme driver is just use for the battery management purpose you can check your battery position easily on your Nokia N900 cell phone with the help of application manger which is present when you installed your Meego inside your cell phone, I believe that they are currently working on the pictorial representation for this driver by means of closed source bits (3d acceleration, battery charging, Bluetooth as well as for the wi-fi firmware). If I get any further details about this driver then I will let you know about this.

There are two pre-built images accessible, first is the open MeeGo image other is the some closed Nokia proprietary binary. You can look for the more information as well as instructions on get hold of the images.
    The representations with the closed Nokia proprietary binary have the following functionalities:
    • Battery management (BME), without this could reason for damaging to your battery.
    • WLAN firmware
    • BT firmware
    You can also generate your individual rootfs image.

Yes I believe that the Nokia N900 has the bme drivers present for the meego 1.0 version. It is also called as the Battery Management entity which generally uses to check the charging level in the battery of the Nokia N900. So I think it will contain the bme driver for the nokia n900 and this is also used for various other purpose such picture representation of the 3D images as well as various firmware available for the Wi-fi and the Bluetooth.

There isn't a great deal of use for it on the Nokia N900 devoid of GFX acceleration, battery loading, wlan, etc. so I suppose it's quite safe to assume there will be a closed image? There are plenty of details you can make out around at the Meego website. You'll find synchronization meeting minutes, irce logs of for the meego-arm as well as different archive of meego-dev mailing record where the progress is happening for the particular record. And why not just inquire here; the squad is there to tell you many details about this.