Thread: Which is best laptop for studies

Which is best laptop for studies

I wanted to set a laptop for my studies. Do not really pay attention to what I should do. When I ask this too many of my friend then told me several brands name so in that I am getting confused. And I do not understand that for which I should go? But in last I have decided either a Dell or a Lenovo to buy equipment. What would you recommend? What is provided above all it should have?

Re: Which is best laptop for studies

I faced exactly the same problem. First I tried it with a netbook as the "tables" at the University which is not providing very much space. And in this the battery life was about 2 hours. This is hardly enough for a lecture. For this reason, I've then 1 year later (6 months ago or so) bought a notebook. For me it was extremely important that the battery maintains a while. Nevertheless, And in this I get very less power actually here ?I think that it should be stronger than my 7 year old computer. A Mac came to me out of the question but the main thing is that I'm not a fan of this. Then I considered and between Dell and Lenovo and fro in hope of more money for a decent quality to get. Ultimately, it will become a T400 from Lenovo, with two graphics chips, between which you can switch back and forth. So I come with the Intel chip and a larger battery to at least 6 hours with WiFi on and screen. Without wireless, it is already about 8 hours. And if I only listen to music and this also makes the screen, I have 10 hours.

Personally, I have me a Fujitsu Siemens acquired from a plant sale. And related to this I must say that these devices are often made for Windows. As a committed Linux user, I had to do these days with the device, which was due to some low-quality hardware. Dell I would never set me back for a big disappointment from the Latitude series. That was complete rubbish. There are offers in all categories and at great prices. For the university itself, I only use a small netbook when I want to surf. The great battery life and the small size is an advantage. I am still grumbling about many teachers, when major Laptops are encouraging place. So whatever I know about this issue I have just explain my experience over here. I hope this will help you.

The balance between heat and noise are very significant, my old Asus and Packard Bell, for example, very warm and must be cleaned regularly, but the fans are not very loud, which can be useful in lectures. From experience, I've heard reports that Acer and Asus for some time struggling with the heat of the devices, it can lead to the two devices mentioned no other experience. The second is the hinge on which the screen is attached to the body: on my old laptop, the hinges processed very shaky, which after 2 years in image noise (the cable for the screen by the hinges down and therefore poorly processed Hinges squeezed) said. Then we have then taken by my friend and processing at the Packard Bell unit is much better coverage and the screen vibrates not like so hot, if you come once to the table (people who have to slip in the classroom always xD).

Lenovo is currently relatively favorable terms for such g5XX the series. I myself have a G550 for their studies. My sister has just brought the G560. The devices are very robust and offer everything you need for their studies. Just because laptops tend to quickly become outdated and should be upgraded to be bad because I cannot poke too much money. The devices are completely straightforward to windows 7 and ubuntu (also 64bit versions). With the performance I am also a computer science student working part time as a software developer and local server applications on Linux runs very satisfied. Since you probably will in the studies have not always time for games I recommend a Lenovo with Intel to take instead of nvidia graphics, which not only saves money in purchasing power but also in the current operation, offering little more battery life. Aero glass for windows and compos fusion 3d desktop Linux Intel graphics is sufficient to perfect.