Thread: Wi-Fi connection continuously drops in HTC Desire-z

Wi-Fi connection continuously drops in HTC Desire-z

I m quite new to these forums I purchased a new HTC Desire-z for myself on my birthday. I constantly get problems with the Wi-Fi. I have a CSipSimple for the Wifi connection in my office and I have PBX whenever working at home. After my mobile's been idle for a moment (not confident how long), the WIFI connection is dropped as well as therefore also my connection with the PBX internet service provider, which type of defeats the point. anybody recognize how I can remain the WIFI connection alive without getting idle?

Re: Wi-Fi connection continuously drops in HTC Desire-z

I think that there must be some problem with the wifi settings in your mobile and hence you are suffering with the wifi connection problem inside the HTC mobile. For this you will require ro find the way to your wifi settings page in your mobile which demonstrate all you’re saved networks, afterwards in that you will require selecting the menu button along with select advanced option form the list. You need to locate the wifi sleep procedure to never. Default is may be for 15 minutes or never when plugged in (which sleeps following 15 minutes if it isn't plugged in to power).

To utilize Wi-Fi on your phone without getting idle, you will require getting the use to a wireless access point or “hotspot”. The accessibility as well as strength of the Wi-Fi signal will differ depending on objects, such as buildings or just a wall among rooms, the Wi-Fi signal has to pass throughout. For this you will require to get through the following steps.
    1. You will require going to Home screen, afterwards selecting MENU, and then go to the Settings option form the list and then select the Wireless & networks options.
    2. Choose the Wi-Fi check box to switch on Wi-Fi. The phone after that scans for accessible wireless networks.
    3. Select the Wi-Fi settings. The network names as well as security settings of notice Wi-Fi networks are exhibit in the Wi-Fi networks segment.
    4. If the wireless network you desire to join to is not in the record of identified networks, scroll down the display, and then select the Add Wi-Fi network. Go to the wireless network settings, as well as then choose Save.
    5. Select the Wi-Fi network you desire to attach to. If you chosen an open network, you will be linked to the network.
    6. If you chosen a network that is protected with WEP, enter the key as well as then select Connect.

I have a HTC desire mobile for about more than month currently just started to switch on the internet connectivity inside my cell phone through Wi-Fi but I have wi-fi problem on my htc mobile for a while now. One time I set out to switch wi-fi on and it immediately said "Unable to establish wi-fi". It had worked completely fine up until that point. I’ve attempted doing a factory reset, rooted, updated the version but it's yet not working. When the difficulty happened I had not rooted the phone or changed anything really. it just occur.

If your mobile is connected to the wireless network, the Wi-Fi icon appears of the particular Wi-Fi you selected in the status bar and tells you the estimated indicate strength (number of bands that light up it may be up to 5 or so). The subsequent time your phone connect to a previously accessed secured wireless network and search for the various other network connection that your cell phone had attached for the internet connection in your mobile, you won’t be asked to enter the key or other safety information once more, except you reset your mobile to its factory default settings.