Thread: How to reset HTC DHD

How to reset HTC DHD

I have recently got a new HTC DHDfor myself. I want to remove all the operators’ bloatware that are installed in the phone. Whenever I start up the phone I get the operator logo as well as there are many applications of the particular operator that I want to completely flush out of my cell phone. So if you know any method so that I can carry on with my operation then do let me know. Any help from your side would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to reset HTC DHD

I think doing a hard reset of your phone would be the only option in front of you. Doing a hard reset will totally remove all the applications and settings of the phone completely from your phone. All the internal memory as well as the external memory will be flushed out. So always remember to keep a backup of all the important data that you need while removing it from your cell phone. So go with the hard reset of the phone it will be a proper solution for you. So I hope you have got the necessary suggestion.

Thanks for responding early. Well I got the method that you are trying to say but it would be great if you could have explained me something more about the hard reset operation. Since this is a new cell phone for me I am not clear about the operation. So if you can explain me in steps on how to reset the phone then it would be very helpful for me. So I am waiting for your response. Do reply as early as possible.

Yes I can definitely answer your queries. What you have to do is follow these steps
    1) Firstly you have to turn off your device and after that hold the volume + and volume – button together.
    2) Continue pressing both the buttons and after sometime hold the power button for some time.
    3) Once you have pressed the three buttons you will get the message about the change in the factory settings and also to keep a backup of the data.
    4) After the message is displayed leave all the buttons then press the volume + button to start with the hard reset operation.
    5) After doing this the reset operation will be carried out and all the data will be permanently removed.
    So do try with this suggestion it will definitely help.

Thanks for the help I have tried with this method and my phone has once again become a brand new phone. Now the phone is totally empty and looking like the same way when I had brought some time back. Anyways coming back to the topic I was successfully able to remove all the applications of the phone and I am happy with the output. So thanks to you all for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.