Thread: Dell Inspiron 8200 keybaord: Does not work in X11, but works on console

Dell Inspiron 8200 keybaord: Does not work in X11, but works on console

I have purchased this Dell Inspirion 2200 last month and so early I am having problem with its keyboard not working properly. However the keyboard works from the text console with no troubles at all, but it does not function properly in X11. Due to this I am facing allot of problem with my work schedule. Due to some reason I cannot replace this one now and will have to wait for sometime. So I would want to know that is there any way through which I can directly improve this by myself.

Re: Dell Inspiron 8200 keybaord: Does not work in X11, but works on console

Friend you have forgot to mention which distros you are using. Also, it can be a problem of the distros so why don’t you give a try and see what happens if you install a new copy of the operating system. It might happen that the some of the files that access the keyboards might have got deleted and that would be causing this problem. Also, I request you to check for the keyboard drivers since evry hardware requires some drivers to be able to run smoothly.

Friend you have forgot to mention which distros you are using. Also, it can be a problem of the distros so why don’t you give a try and see what happens if you install a new copy of the operating system. It might happen that the some of the files that access the keyboards might have got deleted and that would be causing this problem. Also, I request you to check for the keyboard drivers since evry hardware requires some drivers to be able to run smoothly.

Hey friend have you tried using Gnome or Fce that will give you a Graphical User Interface for your system. This program will run on the top of your program and will help you in providing a overview of the keyboard functionality. Or you can also use keyboard drivers and then try changing the protocol between standard and Xqueue. The keyboard and kbd drivers will for surely work for anything that works for the Operating system. So you first try out this option and then see if it helps you in solving your problem. Even if it doesn’t please feel free to post again we will think of another solution.

I have been using the Slackware 13.1 distro and I have again inserted the same copy of it again back to my laptop but one thing I can assure you that it is certainly not the problem of the distros. Also, the keyboards drivers are perfectly there and I have even updated the drivers. I am using Gnome Slack Build, but it does not work for FCE. I really don’t know what is the problem still and I am really unable to carry out my work, so can someone knows how to fix this problem.

Hey friend why don’t you try a usb key board by connecting to the usb port of the laptop and then see if it works for you. If it does work then I guess that you are having some problem with the internal parts of the keyboard and that is needed to be repaired. Since you have purchased this laptop just one month before so I think that you will be able to get this problem fixed by the vendors absolutely free.