Thread: Does battery get damaged due to overcharging in htc phone

Does battery get damaged due to overcharging in htc phone

I was wondering whether the battery gets affected due to the prolonged charging of my phone. I never took a note about this matter. The other day I was reading about how to save the life of battery article in one of the newspapers. There it was mentioned to unplug your phone soon after charging. So at that time I took notice about my htc phone. So does prolonged charging of the battery unknowingly affect the battery or the battery life is it true? Because It has happened many a times with my htc phone I have charged the battery for long time and my battery seems to respond very well. So is it true whatever I have read? Please do give your views on this.

Re: Does battery get damaged due to overcharging in htc phone

Well I am of the opinion that the battery does seem to get affected due to the prolonged charging. It is always better to unplug the charger from the phone. If you don’t believe the article that you have read then read the manual of the phone. There also you must have been instructed to always remove the charger after the phone gets charged. However you will not be able to see the effect now but you will be getting to see the effect of prolonged charging after your phone gets a bit older. So do follow my advice.

According to me you must unplug the battery. In case you forget that your phone is in charging mode and you are busy with some other work. Then there is a separate tone in the phone which will alarm you as soon as the charging of the phone is over. It is always advisable to switch the plug off after the phone is charged. If you are not concerned of the battery of your phone then let me tell you that prolonged charging will also affect the internal circuit of the phone. This will affect the functioning of the phone. So I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say.

Even I am of the opinion that the battery does get damaged. When the phone gets overcharged it gets overheated which damages the lifespan of the battery. So it is always advisable to have a look at the battery charging. These days there are some battery charging circuits developed which will help you secure your phone. So do have a look at such circuits or devices in the internet. You may gets some information there. So better be safe then facing the ill effects of the battery damage.

Thanks for the help everyone. It was indeed a great help from your side. Well I did not bother much about the life of the batter since it can be easily replaced but hearing that it also affects the internal circuit of the phone it made me think about the phone. So from now on I will ensure that the charger of the phone is always unplugged after full charging of the phone. So I can increase the life span of my phone as well as the battery.