Thread: HTC Desire HD won't connect to Home Wireless Network

HTC Desire HD won't connect to Home Wireless Network

I am having one issue regarding which i need your help. I am trying to connect my phone with the Home Wireless Network but problem is that while trying to connect the same it got connected for the first time but on next time while i am connecting the same it got connected without any issue but later on it is showing disconnected if i leave it idle for some time. So if you can then do let me know about this. Thank you.

Re: HTC Desire HD won't connect to Home Wireless Network

First let me know which router you are using? The detail will help me to find more solution for same. I will advise you to reconfigure your phone with the Router and manage to get all setting which will help you with the same. I will also advise you to check for Firewall setting which might be causing the issue with the same. So if you can the go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not. Also check the below given link which is having the same problem discussed.

Connect HTC Desire to home WiFi

Wi-Fi provides wireless Internet access over distances of up to 100 meters (300 feet). To use Wi-Fi on your phone, you must have access to a wireless access point. The availability and range of Wi-Fi signal depends on the number, infrastructure and other objects through which the signal passes.

• Enable Wi-Fi and connect to a wireless network
    • On the home screen, press Menu, then tap Settings> Wireless and network.
    • Check the box to activate Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Phone will search for available wireless networks.
    • Tap Settings Wi-Fi. The names of network and security settings of wireless networks detected are displayed in the Wireless Networks section.
    • If the wireless network that you want to connect is not in the list of detected networks, scroll down the screen, then tap Add a Wi-Fi. Enter the wireless network settings, then press Save.
    • Press the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect. If you select an open network, you'll automatically be connected to the network.
    • If you select a secure network to WEP, enter the key, then press Connect.

You must install the network certificate (. P12) on your phone until you have access to a Wi-Fi with the authentication protocol EAP-TLS.
    • Save the certificate file in the root folder of the storage card.
    • On the home screen, press MENU then select Settings> Security.
    • Press Install from SD Card
    • Select the certificate necessary network to connect to the network EAP-TLS.
    • Follow the steps in Enable Wi-Fi and connect to a wireless network to connect to Wi-Fi network

Check the status of current network connection.

• On the home screen, press Menu, then tap Settings> Wireless and network.
    • On the Connections screen, wireless tap Settings Wi-Fi, then tap the wireless network the phone is currently connected.