Thread: Screen does not auto rotate in HTC Desire

Screen does not auto rotate in HTC Desire

Well I have recently purchased HTC Desired. It was working fine for few days and now I am having an issue with the screen of phone of mine. Well it does not auto rotate from the yesterday night. I have tried a lot to fix the problem but all of my efforts were fruitless. I don’t know where is the issue? Whether it has an issue with hardware or software? Anyone having the same issue please reply on the same. Also if you have any idea to figure out the problem and possible solution to solve the matter please reply. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Screen does not auto rotate in HTC Desire

Looking at your situation I think you should check in your phone that auto rotate is enabled or not. Now question is how to check the same. Well you have to tap on Settings and look for Display in the Setting menu. Once you have entered in to Display simply check whether Auto Rotate is checked or not. If it is not checked in your phone simply tick on it and see whether Auto Rotate works or not. I hope it will help you to solve the matter.

Looking at your situation I think Accelerometer that you have installed in your phone might be broken. I think you should download GPS status app from the internet. Well it will help you to determine whether Accelerometer is reporting data or not. Another application that you can use to solve the matter. Well you can use SpeedView for the same purpose. Well according to my knowledge GPS Status is much batter then SpeedView. So I am advising you that you should go for GPS Status to figure out the problem. Let me know whether it was helpful or not.

Well I was having the same problem and I have done soft reset to solve the matter and luckily it worked for me. Now I let you know that soft reset is same restarting the computer. Well the question is how to soft reset the phone? Well to soft reset you have to plug stylus in to the reset hole which is provided under the battery cover of the phone. Mainly soft reset is performed to delete the error which is occurred during the execution of the program. For your information all the data which you have stored on the phone will not be deleted the during the soft reset process. Well I think it is the simplest solution to solve the matter. I think you should try it.

I think I am having a solution to solve the matter of yours and I think the things will work after doing hard reset. Well it’s very simple to do.
    1. You have to click on the Start menu of your phone.
    2. Now go for Settings and choose All Settings.
    3. Now select system tab from the All Settings. Click on the Clear Storage option. A list of instruction will prompt on the screen simply follow the instruction to complete the procedure
    Well I let you know that all the information that you have stored in the phone memory will be erased once you have done hard reset. Hence backup should be taken before doing anything. Once you have finished with the process you can restore back the data.