Thread: Unable to access internet on netbook with linux

Unable to access internet on netbook with linux

Hello everyone, I am helping my friend out by posting this thread on behalf of him because he unable to access the internet through his netbook. The netbook which he is generally using is having Linux operating system on it and since ISP is unable to support Linux so we would want to install Windows operating system on it. But the problem is that we are unaware of how to remove the Linux operating system from his netbook. Since I haven’t used Linux and even I don’t know much knowledge about it neither my friend, so we don’t know which version Linux has been installed on the netbook. So guys if some one knows how to make this thing happen please help us.

Re: Unable to access internet on netbook with linux

So in order to install the windows operating system in your system which is rece3ntly running on to the Linux OS, so in that case you have to manually delete the partitions which is recently utilized by the Linux operating system. And the windows compatible partition can be shaped routinely throughout the installation of the Windows operating system. So like this you can install the windows OS.

Here I am just telling you the steps through which you will be able to install windows OS. Before you follow the steps confirm that you encompass a bootable disk or bootable CD-ROM for the Linux OS, for the reason that this procedure totally gets rid of the Linux OS installed on your computer. If you mean to reinstate the Linux OS at a later date, confirm that you also have a good backup of all the data stored on your computer. Also, you have to complete release version of the Windows OS which you want to install.Linux file systems make use of a "superblock" at the start of a disk partition to recognize the basic size, shape, and condition of the file system.
    The Linux OS is usually installed on partition type 83 (Linux native) or 82 (Linux swap). The Linux boot manager which is also called as LILO can be configured to start from:
    • The hard disk Master Boot Record (MBR).
    • The root folder of the Linux partition.
    The Fdisk tool incorporated with Linux can be used to remove the partitions. To remove Linux from your computer and put in Windows:
    1. Remove inhabitant, swap, and boot partitions which is utilized by Linux:
    • Start your computer along with the Linux setup floppy disk, type fdisk at the CMD, and then tick for the ENTER.
    • Type p at the CMD, and then tick for the ENTER to show divider data. The first item listed is hard disk 1, partition 1 data, and the second item listed is hard disk 1, partition 2 data.
    • Type d at the cmd, and then tick for the ENTER. You are then provoked for the partition number you desire to delete. Type 1, and then push ENTER to delete partition number 1. Repeat this step in anticipation of all the partitions has been deleted.
    • Type w, and then tick for the ENTER to write this data to the partition table. Some bugs may be generated data which is written to the partition table, but they should not be important at this point for the reason that the next step is to restart the computer and then install the new OS.
    • Type q at the cmd, and then press ENTER to quit the Fdisk tool.
    • put in either a bootable floppy disk or a bootable CD-ROM for the Windows OS on your computer, and then press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart your computer.

2. And after restarting your computer normally install the windows OS. And like that you will be able to install the windows OS.

Why you want to uninstall you OS because I have solution for this in which without uninstalling other OS you will be able to fix your issue. So in order to get rid from this issue first you check the DNS settings on to your laptop and also check your router for wireless settings. And in this if there are any rules for access or block content. Tell me this soon. And also here I want to know that Does Network manager say you are connected to wireless network?