Thread: How to disable tap-to-click on Compaq nc6000 laptop

How to disable tap-to-click on Compaq nc6000 laptop

I have become very much frustrated with my Compaq nc6000 laptop and I thinking of even throwing this away for sure. Then problem started with knoppix that I am running on my laptop and I really don’t know how but I am facing with this tap to click frequently problem with my laptop. I would want to disable this as quickly as I can but don’t know how to do it . The mouse settings are very basic but I don’t know how to get done on the Linux operating system. So any one having any idea please help me to overcome this problem.

Re: How to disable tap-to-click on Compaq nc6000 laptop

I think you will certainly find the settings in the TouchPad Preferences or else if you are using mouse then I think that the settings would lie in the Mouse Preference. Once you found this then you have top walk through the options to disable it. But this is not just you have to do, you will even have to save the settings which you have done and for this you will have to make adjustment for every session after startup.

Hey to disable the Tap-to-click on laptop touch pad you should use the "emulate" by pressing the right click on the touch pad. Also, if it not possible for you to disable from there also then I think that you should do a regular installation of the linux operating system , then from the system preferences menu of the desktop GUI you will certainly be able to disable the Tap-to-Click and will overcome your problem.

Hey guys I am also going through the same problem with my Dell Latitude laptop. The laptop will perform some really undesirable actions pretty regularly when I touch the case near the bottom of the unit it will reproduce a button click, even though I have disabled the tap-to-touch. Also if I install Windows on my laptop I am getting the same error. So any one who knows how to get rid of this problem please help me to overcome it as quickly as it can be.

Hey I think that there could be some problem with the BIOS settings of the laptop, it could be possible that the there could be setting that turns multiple taps into clicks. So you should go to the BIOS settings and see if it possible for you to disable the settings for you problem from there. I hope that it will certainly solve all your problem.