Thread: Save contacts to SIM in HTC Desire

Save contacts to SIM in HTC Desire

Friends, I am having the HTC Desire and I have proud to be owner of this phone. I need to perform the factory reset soon due to some reason and do not need to lose all my contacts from my phone. I need to store all the contacts to my SIM card from my phone memory so that I can have the backup of the contacts if I lose the contacts from my phone. I don’t know that how can I do this. If you know that how it can be done then please let me know that. Thank you.

Re: Save contacts to SIM in HTC Desire

It is very simple to do. I think that you have not seen the settings in your phone. If not then just go to the settings section of your contacts. There you will be able to see the option to copy contacts. Select that option and it will ask you whether you want to copy contacts from phone to SIM or from SIM to phone. Choose Phone to SIM. Now it may ask you for the confirmation. Confirm your choice and this will start copying the contacts. It will take some time depending upon the number of contacts that you are having on your phone. Once that is completed then you will have the same contacts in your phone as well as in your SIM memory.

I vigorously suggest you to make use of google contacts in for importing them in the phone.This is because If your phone get stolen otherwise lost or else gets failed to access the contacts after the factory reset then you will be able to take the backup of the contacts from there. This will be stored forever there and if you do not want to store them anymore then you can delete them anytime you want. By this method you be able to solely re-sync them with the phone after a reset if not then sync them to a new Android device if you lost your Desire. This will be the best for you.

I am also agreeing with the above post that you should use the Google contacts but I am unsure that this will work with the HTC Desire. Then also you can try to do that and if that works then it will be great for you. Try to keep the entire your contacts in Google contacts and they be supposed to mechanically fill subsequent to a reset. I switched from a Palm Pre toward HTC Evo and mine were stored just the once I started the EVO. Now I just add fresh contacts like Google contacts. I have established it to be a immense backup tool. I wish that this will help you.