Thread: Cannot send text message with HTC Desire

Cannot send text message with HTC Desire

Friends, I bought a new HTC Desire for me. It’s a very good phone but I don’t know whether it’s my bad luck or what but I am facing problem with the SMS for this. Whenever I try to send any message to any number then it shows me the message that says that message sending failed. I tried on many numbers but all the time, getting the same message. This is not the case with other phones that my friends are using then why this is only happening to me. Can you tell me that what is the reason for this and how can this issue be solved? I will appreciate each and every reply for this issue.

Re: Cannot send text message with HTC Desire

There is an application available which is called as Handcent SMS. This is a improved SMS & MMS application which is specially made for the Android phone. It completely allows running free authority intended for your Andorid phone for messaging. It is entirely customizable as well as has additional features as compared to the stock android messaging application. So just download, install and use that. I hope that this will help you.

This problem may be from the provider side and so it is not able to send the messages to any number. So simply contact the service provider for which are using the SIM card. If that is from their side then they will definitely solve the problem for you. Many of the times, the issues like this is from the provider side and contacting them will definitely solve the problem.

I was also facing the similar problem earlier and the reason was damaged SIM card. I was using the same SIM from last 6 years and there were a lot of scratches on my SIM card. I just went to customer care and submitted the documents again and they provided me with a new SIM card and I am not facing any issue with this new SIM card. I have doubt that you may also have the same thing. So just check for this once and it is same for you also then do the same and I am sure that your issue will also be solved.

The firmware that you are using may be corrupted or it may be not functioning properly and that is why you are getting such troubles. My suggestion to you is to update the firmware. Check the version of the firmware which there in your phone and if the updated version of it is available there then you can download and install that to your phone. There are more chances that updating the firmware will solve the problem for you. Thank you.