Thread: How to change my SD card without losing the data

How to change my SD card without losing the data

I am having the HTC mobile phone and using the same from last few months. Now the thing here is that I am having the 1GB SD card and now I want to upgrade the same with any large one that is the card which is having more size than the one which I am currently having. Basically I have stored all the important phone data on the memory card so I really don’t know how I can change the card and also retain the data at the same time.

Re: How to change my SD card without losing the data

Well I have gone through the problem that you are facing or rather I would say it as the concern regarding the phone of yours. So as said by you that you want to change the card and use the advanced then don’t worry go for it you can use the more memory card that is a 2GB or a 5GB card and I am sure that it will definitely help you to solve the issue. But make sure that you are using the card which is compatible to your phone only because if you are using the card that I not compatible with your phone or which has more memory them the phone’s capacity then it will not allow you to do that.

If you ask me then I will suggest you to first of all move the important data on the phone and then try and move the other data like music files images on your computer system and then see how it goes. I am sure that when the phone data is moved back to the phone memory. Make sure that you are using the PC suite for the transmission. Now you have to purchase the new card and move the data stored back on the same. I guess this will definitely help you to solve the issue.

I am having the similar kind of problem where my mobile phone is not detecting the memory card itself. I mean to say that I am using the HTC mobile phone and whenever the memory card id inserted on the phone then it is not detecting the same. I don’t know what is happening with my phone and really can’t figure out what do in this case. Have the same thing is happened with anyone else if yes then please let me know what to do here.

I guess the issue is with the memory card that you are using, now what you have to do here is that just see whether the card is working properly or not and you can do the same with the help using the same card in any other phone and if the card is not detecting on that phone also then it is confirmed that the memory card is corrupted and you have to do the same. And if the card is doing well here then you have to just see whether there is anything wrong with the phone or not and if yes then it might be the software and you have to update the same. I am sure that it will help you to fix the issue.