Thread: I cannot find Voice Search and Google Maps on Android

I cannot find Voice Search and Google Maps on Android

I have the HTC Desire here with me. It is really fine to have this cell phone and I am really happy to have this for me. I just purchased this cell phone. The thing is that I just want to have the Voice Search and the Google Maps for the cell phone here. I have heard that it is available in the Android market and the thing is that I want to have the same for me here. I have seen that it is available for free and hence I would like to have this for me. It will be really great if you all can help me in getting the same here. I have tried hard to get this in the cell phone but each time I have seen that the result was not found. Has anyone able to get this in their cell phone. Please help me with this issue that I am stuck with.

Re: I cannot find Voice Search and Google Maps on Android

I have come up here with the simplest thing that you all can go with so that you can have the voice search added to you HTC Desire. Just follow the steps below and see if this can really work for you there. See if you have the file manager on your Desire. First of all you will be required to go to the Android Market and then you will be required to download the file manager. To be precised if you want you can have the ASTRO File Manager. After this you will be required to make use of the Android Web browser and then you can have the download for the VoiceSearch 2.1. After this you will be required to make use of the ASTRO File Manager, and then tap on the VoiceSearch_2.1.apk and then Open App Manager. After this you will be required to open the file in the App Manager and then you can choose the install option there.

I have the solution with me and hope that it will work for you as well. It worked for me; see if that can work in your case there. If you want to have the Google Voice Search the here are the steps that you can go with. For making the Voice Actions to work; the first most important think that you will be required to do is you will be required to have the contacts in the Google contact list. After that you will be required to open the contacts list and then select the Menu button. Now tap the Import/Export option there and then transfer all the contacts to the MEMORY SD CARD by selecting the Export to SD card option. Try this and see if this can really help you with the working of the Google Voice Service there.

Yes I have seen that the new version of the Google Map has been announced and it is available in the market. I think that you will be required to read the whole post that they had released so as to get the clear cut idea of the same. They have mentioned that this update for Google Maps will be made available to the users that have the Cupcake and above version. For checking this you will be required to go in the Settings and then go in the About Phone option there and then select the option Firmware version. This update will be available for the users that will be having the Cupcake i.e. v1.5. So please see if you are having this for you there. Hope that I was for sure able to hit the exact target for the cause of the issue.

It is not a big issue. You can have the installation of the Cupcake and for that you can make use of the HTC cell phone itself. Please before going to manually download this; see if your cell phone really need this. You can have a check on this manually. You will be required to go in the Menu option that is there in the Home Screen. Under the Menu option you will be required to go to the Settings option there. After this you will be required to make a tap on the About phone option. Then finally you will be required to select the System software updates and then see for the Check now option there. It will for sure let you know if at all you are required to have this or not. It will let you also install the same as well.