Thread: Toshiba Satellite A660: Network disconnects in sleep mode, but not connect after restart

Toshiba Satellite A660: Network disconnects in sleep mode, but not connect after restart

I am facing a peculiar type of problem in my windows vista compatible Toshiba Satellite A660 laptop, which was working fine till the last few days, but suddenly, it creating problem regarding wireless connectivity. If the machine goes into the sleep mode, it automatically disconnects from network and will not connect again if it comes in normal mode, or if I restart the machine. I can’t understand whether this is a network problem or the machine problem. So I post my problem here, hope some will definitely help me. Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A660: Network disconnects in sleep mode, but not connect after restart

According to my opinion, try to solve this problem by increase the sleep mode time in your machine. For that go to the power option in your windows under control panel, from there change the sleep time for both plugged in and in battery mode. Now try to put your machine in sleep mode, and check whether this disconnects or not. Also if there any other options are required to mention in sleep mode, and then put it into its appropriate place. I think by this you will be able to overcome from the problem.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A660: Network disconnects in sleep mode, but not connect after restart

Regarding the not connecting problem, I think you just try once by reload the wireless network driver, which is installed in your machine. For this run installation program, this will first remove the existing one and then install the driver application in your machine in a fresh way. Go through this, I hope by this problem will be solved. Also the disconnect problem that you mentioned in your post, might be occurring for the driver. So if this happening then by the above process this will also resolve.

I also like to recommend you to rise the sleep time in your machine, recommend you to sleep mode. Just enter into the display option, and from there check on do nothing option, during the machine in sleep mode. By this, if your machine is goes into the sleep mode, then there nothing will be happen in sleep mode. Also about the disconnect problem, go to the network and sharing window, and from there right click on the network name, and from the properties window, select automatically connect option, it will help you whenever the machine disconnect from internet, it will connect with it again automatically.