Thread: Sony vaio Z13 Low sound

Sony vaio Z13 Low sound

Hi I have recently purchased a brand new Sony wio Z13 laptop. I have hardly used it for not more than a week and till now it is serving me good. But the only factor that is worrying me is the sound. At the initial period I thought there is some problem with the file that I am trying to play but after using the fine quality of audio I am still not able to get the proper sound output from it. Whenever I play a video or music file it plays in a very low sound I don't know what is wrong with it and why it is giving me so bad response and also sometimes my windows media player freezes in between the play and gives me an error that "windows is not responding". Please help me in this case to solve this issue. For your information i am having the windows 7 operating system and Intel core i3 processor with a 4 GB RAM and 250 GB hard disk.
    Last edited by Samaria; 24-11-2010 at 07:47 AM.

re: Sony vaio Z13 Low sound

I think there is nothing to worry in this case because when we purchase a new laptop then the sound of it is set to default. And in your case it is the same the sound has been set to default which is low for you. So what you have to do in this case try and increase the volume of the laptop in the following manner. First of all you have to click on the speaker icon which is one the task bar. And then you have to just increase the volume and set it to the maximum. And you can also do the same thing by this way also just press Windows logo key+B, then with the help of the arrow keys and space bar key and select the volume control icon where you can increase the volume. I am sure that this will help you to increase the volume of the system that you are using.

The only thing that I would like to say here is that laptop has the small speakers that are attached to it which will not give you the loud sound. So in this case I will suggest you to attach the external speakers to your laptop and experience the maximum sound. What it will do is enhance the coverage of the audio signals and the result is loud and clear sound. But ensure that you use the best speakers with great sound effects. I am also doing the same think with mine laptop using the iball speakers because the sound output of my laptop was also low. So if you will go with this then it will definitely help you to solve the problem that you are facing and also will not give you the same in future.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you have to increase the volume of your laptop then you have to make some possible changes of the system setting and nothing else. So here are the steps that will help you to increase the volume:
    • First of all click on start
    • Then go to control panel.
    • In that you will found some options, select SOUND from it.
    • The a new window will open with having five tabs
    • Containing PLAY BACK, RECORDING, SOUNDS, COMMUNICATIONS
    • Just click on the Playback tab.
    • after that you have to click on the speaker option and select the enhancement tab
    • Which will show the possible options of sound for the speaker then you have to just set the best possible and loud sound.

According to me the music player that you are using is not giving you the proper sound. It not only depends on the system to increase the sound which in this case is Sony vaio Z13 but the media player also matters the most. There are some of the music players available in the market that will boost the sound of any particular track to the double of its actual capacity. So what you have to so here is that just try and use an alternate music player and see if you get the proper and desired sound or not. I am sure that you will get the loud sound and if it does than immediately install one of the latest media player on your system And get rid of the problem.
    Last edited by BansiJ; 24-11-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Yes the sound has increased but the problem here is that whenever I bump my laptop it gives me a weird sound through the speaker, As suggested by you people I have connected the external speakers on my laptop and whenever I move the lap top a bit then it gives a bad and loud sound. This sound is irritating me a lot so please let me the way to get rid of this problem. Does anyone ever have faced this problem if yes then please tell how you resolve.

Re: Sony vaio Z13 Low sound

I solved this by going to Control Panel, Sounds, Playback, click on Speaker, select Properties, select Levels tab - make sure these are set to the highest you want, select enhancements tab - tick loudness equalization, in Settings you can change environment but this doesn't have much affect. After I did this my sound was quite good.