Thread: Smart phones that can support Nmap?

Smart phones that can support Nmap?

Hello to everyone,I am looking for a mobile phone that is capable to handling Linux operating system most popular Linux application called Nmap with fully functional bash terminal especially ssh. I have heard allot about this Nmap from all my friends that is capable of providing security while connecting in a wide network. I know that this application is used on the computer system but I would love to have this application on my smart phone that will have linux operating system on it. So friends please provide your useful suggestion.

Re: Smart phones that can support Nmap?

According to me Rooted android phones can easily handle this application. Since many of them are using ARM processors, so you should be able to install Debian on them and indirectly give way to Nmap since that only runs on Linux operating system. Since, most of the iphones have the support of WiFi connection so it would be easy to install and boot Debian, once this is done you can easily configure it to start the network and xinetd with telnet or ssh enabled with your Nmap.

Hey I think that Google Nexus One should also support this application and will be able to connect through the network. But I have heard that the company has stopped the sales of this mobile in the market due to various security reason , but if you apply an Android online account, then you can directly buy one directly from Google. So if you really want this then don’t worry go for it.

"Network Mapper" is a free and open source service for network searching or security audit. Many organization and network administrators have been dependent on this network inventory, for running examine and improve schedules, and monitoring host or service uptime. This application have been designed to quickly scrutinize large networks along with standalone single hosts. So I think that because of its wide range of functionality it would only work on large mainframe computers system and that no smart phone will ever handle such a great application.

The Nmap application uses unrefined IP packets in better ways to determine which hosts are available on the network, what services along with the application name and description of accounts are those hosts providing. This is still not enough, the Nmap also tracks what operating systems along with the Operating System versions have been in used , with the firewalls in placed. So I think that this kind of vast functionality might not be handled with any of the smart phones in the market and to bring out would be a great challenge for the developers.

The Nmap have a very typical command line executable along with very high profile Graphical User Interface which can only run on the major mainframe computer operating system and will require a whole allot of power to manage all the functionality that they are providing to us. Also, If any way this application starts to run successfully on our phone then the network providers will face a huge problem of providing enough security to us. So I think that this plan should be dropped and should be carried out using the computer system.