Thread: Chromium installation fails in Nokia N800 via Easy Debian

Chromium installation fails in Nokia N800 via Easy Debian

I have install Chromium on my Nokia N800 via Easy Debian. Unluckily it loads but afterward freezes and restart my cell phone. And in terminal gives these errors :

[2665:2833:523155921:ERROR:net/disk_cache/backend_impl.cc(1080)] Unable to map Index file

[2665:2833:523468262:ERROR:net/disk_cache/backend_impl.cc(1080)] Unable to map Index file

[2665:2833:523468665:ERROR:net/disk_cache/backend_impl.cc(254)] Unable to create cache

I believe these errors are owing to the incorrect permissions for the folders required by chromium to generate a profile.

I have attempt altering the permissions on folders as
    home/usr1/.config/chromium
    home/usr1/.cache/chromium
    debian/home/usr1/.cache1/chromium
    debian/home/usr1/.configuration/chromium
    What might be the reason it failing to start. Did I improperly installed my Chromium please let me know through your suggestion.

Re: Chromium installation fails in Nokia N800 via Easy Debian

By generating as well as using numerous profiles, you be able to do expansion — creating extensions, change the browser, or experimenting the browser — while yet being capable to exercise Chromium as your default browser. We suggest that you use the default profile for your daily browsing.

The particulars of how to make as well as use a profile differ by platform after the installation is completed, but here's the fundamental process:
    • Produce a folder to support data for the new profile.
    • Generate a shortcut or assumed name that launches the browser, with the --user-data-dir command-line case to specify the profile's position.
    • at any time you commence the browser, utilize the shortcut or alias that's connected with the profile. If the profile folder is unfilled, the browser generates initial data for it.

If you are running Debian, it is mostly recommended to utilize a package manager like synaptic to download as well as install packages, in its place of doing so physically through the website.
    You should be capable to utilize any of the scheduled mirrors by totaling a line to your /etc/apt1/sources.list like this:
    deb debian.org/debian sid main and also through :
    chromium-browser_7.0.472.63~r59955-5_armel.deb

Applications are able to be installed with synaptic and apt-get in Easy Debian. Apt-get is a command-line device, along with aptitude a terminal-support frontend, both of which can be use from contained by the Debian chroot terminal app (red whirl icon in the Hilden Application Manager). Synaptic Package Manager is a statistical frontend that can be commence from one more icon in the Hilden Application Manager. It cannot be continued from the (untruthfully present) menu admission in the LXDE menu, since it is not in the normal path and need root privileges. (In LXDE one can nevertheless begin it from a terminal typing "sudo synaptic".)

If you have install the image file of the Chromium then The image cannot be anticipated to contain an up-to-date enclose list. It is significant that you execute "apt-get update" or use Edit -> Reload Package Information inside Synaptic before installing fresh packages. Following such installs you can call upon "apt-get clean" to liberated your disk space from downloaded package files. In image v3d, simply the steady Debian Lenny repository was make active, though the Easy Debian image furthermore involves many packages from the newer Debian clutch (testing) repository. Consequently, some added packages be able to only be installed with clutch activated (indicated by "unmet dependency" errors when try to install through Lenny alone). If you require to or desire to install additional packages specially from compress or even from Sid (unbalanced), you be supposed to uncomment the equivalent line in /etc/apt1/sources.list by initiat img an editor in the Debian chroot terminal (application with red swirl icon), i.e., get rid of "#" in the commencement of the lines . it will solve your problem.