Thread: Extras-Devel fails to provide the calls on time with custom ringtones

Extras-Devel fails to provide the calls on time with custom ringtones

hello friends I have been using the Nokia N900 mobile phone for quite some time now and yesterday I had installed the Extras-Devel software on my mobile to get access to the custom ring tones that the software provides to us. After having utilizing the ringtone from that software I have found that whenever someone calls me the ringtone starts ringing after taking a gap that is the ringtone doesnt function as soon as some one calls me. This is really creating allot of problems as when I move forward to pick up my phone the calls get canceled and unfortunately I have to redial the number again. So I just want to know that is there any way we can make the ringtones synchronize with the calls or that this is the only way will get the ringtones using the software.

Re: Extras-Devel fails to provide the calls on time with custom ringtones

Have friend have you tried reinstalling the software in the hope that it is able to solve the issue. If not than I request you to reinstall the software to see if it can make your customized ringtones go hand in hand as an when any caller calls you. Also, if it doesn't solves the issue then I request you to please try using some different ringtone and then see if it gets corrected. If the problem still persists then I think that there is some error in your mobile or something wrong with the software. I hope that this will certainly make your ringtone work instantly as soon as anyone calls you.

If you really want to make use of the customized ringtone then I suggest you that you to make use of My Contacts software that will help you in assigning the specific ringtone to who ever you want just as Extras-Devel provides you to. This software functions the same way as the Extras-Devel does and in addition contains group specific ringtones. So if you want you can make use of this software so as to fully utilize the software for assigning specific ringtones to any particular caller.

Hey I think that the problem is that software that is the Extras-Devel have to fetch the ringtone from a slower memory before playing it and that is why it takes a little bit time to start the ringtone when any callers calls you. I think that this is because of the slow processing of any application by the N900. This problem can only be solved by the vendor by redesigning the mobile phone and most probably try to overclock the N900 if possible. Or else what we can do is that we should not install too much of data into the mobile phone or should not keep too many application open at the same time. This will make the processing of the application fast and you will surely get the ringtones working normally as you normally does when somebody calls you. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

Hey I have searched for this kind of query in the web for finding the exact solution and by going through various sites I have come to know that this software that is the Extras- Devel is still under the testing period. The complete specification of this software is still yet to done, what we are currently using is still the beta version of the software. So I think that for you to fully utilize the benefits of this software you must wait until the company finally gets the final working module of the software out in the market.