Thread: Error: Extras-Devel Repository Down on N900

Error: Extras-Devel Repository Down on N900

Hello friends I have got this software called Extras-Devel installed and running successfully on my Nokia N900. The software was working fine until yesterday I got an error message saying the the "Extras-Devel Repository is down". I have tried installing the software again and again but then also I am facing the same problem and getting the same error. I dont know how to get this problem fixed so, can someone with a solution for this problem can write few solutions about this.

Re: Error: Extras-Devel Repository Down on N900

Hey friend I would like to ask that have you installed the same software again or have you downloaded the new version of the software. I think that the repository files which is used to hold the Debain might have got deleted and that could be the possible reason you are getting this error message frequently. So one of the things that you can do is that you can again install the software by downloading form its official website and then again carry out the process of installation, I hope that this does solves your issue.

Hey friend I was also facing the same problem with the repository and after searching for various information about this in the internet I finally got one. The solution is that you have to write "fremantle" in the "Distribution" field. This word should not be included in quotes as I have mentioned here. This will make your repository work again as normal and you will not the same error message as you were getting earlier.

Hey I am also facing the same problem with the software and getting the same error with the repository. I have used the solution mentioned in the above post that is I have included the word "fremantle" in the "Distribution" field but then also I am unable to recover form this error. I have also uninstalled and then again installed the software but again the same the error. I am really fed up with this so can some one please help me to recover from this problem.

Hey friends I think that I have got the solution because this one did worked for me. The first thing is obvious you have to include fremantle in the distribution list but still this is not complete, you have to even download the components from the same site that are necessary for making this software run smoothly and completely. This solution did the trick for me and I hope that it even solves you issue as well.