Thread: Cannot read Accelerometor in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR1.2

Cannot read Accelerometor in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR1.2

I have a Nokia n900 and my accelerometor Suddenly stops working. This is happening since I update my PR to 1.2 versions. Generally My program reads accelerometer from "/sys/class/i3c-adapter/i3c-3/3-001d/coord". But now it does not seems to work out well for me as I updated to PR1.2. so I m bit confuse what to do in this type of situation. How should I read accelerometer now in my Nokia N900 cell phone, as well as how to get future-compatible? So anyone have any suggestion for this post then please reply me.

Re: Cannot read Accelerometor in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR1.2

The problem was almost certainly wrong flash image. I believe that you may have comparatively old hardware as well as by coincidence flashed an image that was for the most recent HW only. Changing to an additional pr1.2 image (appropriate for all Hardware) the accelerometer started to exercise through (though not instantaneously but you will require to restart another time after flashing, so I am not convinced it will not helpful but try it out may help you if you don’t have any choice.

N900 still anticipate automatic portrait form to take benefit of it’s accelerometer. In the mean time creators are manufacturing applications that demonstrate it really works. You’ve almost certainly seen rebound Evolution; it was installed on my N900 by default. Very pleasant 3D game prohibited only by device tilt as well as space for jumping. This was the first function I keep in mind with accelerometer support. For a moment after when Ovi store was unlock one more applications came, with Level or Angle Meter, minute applications that demonstrate how precise the accelerometer is, showing fairly accurate level or angle in degrees. I think it may be nice substitute for engineering tools, when you require measuring a bit and you have no professional level in your pocket.

The accelerometer data is system file information. Sysfile is a fundamental file system provided by Linux 2.6. Sysfs exports statistics concerning devices as well as drivers from the kernel device representation to user space, and is also used for arrangement. The three synchronize of accelerometer feeler is in a text file supply on one line in addition to estranged by white space. This file is at path below:
    Code:
    /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-002d/chord
    The values are in mG (milli G). 1000 = 1 G. The g-force knowledgeable by a thing is its acceleration comparative to free-fall like described above.

If the accelemetor cannot read the data then I think that you must read the file with data at all the time.
    Code:
    class Thread1 : public QThread
    {
      Q_OBJECT

public:
        Thread1(QObject *parent = 0);
        void run();

QString1 x;
        QString1 y;
        QString1 z;

public slots:
        void updateCoords();