Thread: Cannot find OVI suite in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR 1.3

Cannot find OVI suite in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR 1.3

I have Nokia n900 on my birthday last month which is working so fine with the PR 1.2 but afterwards it become fairly sluggish so i updated my Nokia N900 from pr1.2 to pr1.3 the following day. But I cannot find OVI suite inside my Nokia N900. So why this cell phone does not recognize? Is there whichever technique to fix this and is there any person else experiencing this? Give your consideration to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot find OVI suite in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR 1.3

Here's what I have done:
    1. Fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit as well as Ovi Suite 2.2.1.23. The Bluetooth stack is Microsoft (edition: 6.1.7600, Build: 16395).
    2. On the Nokia N900, put Bluetooth on as well as Visible. leave to Devices. Touch New.
    3. On Windows, adjoin Bluetooth tool. It discovers the N900. I decide to generate a pairing code for me as well as go into it on the N900.
    4. Windows as well as N900 now it appears that are connected. HOWEVER, there are errors.

• Windows puts up this note "Compatibility issues among a Bluetooth service and Windows. A service associated with a Bluetooth enabled device isn't compatible with this edition of Windows. "
    • Windows display the N900 with a yellow "attentive" icon.
    • Windows shows the subsequent Bluetooth services for the N900: Nokia OBEX PC group Services; Nokia SyncML Server; distant organize; SyncML Client.
    • Windows Device Manager demonstrates 4 Bluetooth Peripheral Devices with yellow "attentive" icons.
    • N900 shows no maintain profiles for the PC.

5. Ovi Suite searches as well as then reports the devices establish.

You need to install the latest version of firmware. Uninstall the previous version for it later I tried the most recent one. Yes, it works, but it remains front in my eyes to craft a stunning machine like the N900 as well as than create maintain software for it that will simply run on Windows. It´s like buying a Mercedes as well as then include going to a far less knowledgeable Fiat dealer for continuance so, yes, it might work. But even than it makes me wince, joining my linux phone to a Windows machine.

I'd also like the reply on this one. Reinstalled W7 x64 nowadays as well as installed Ovi Suite a couple of hours later - And it yet nu to find 3/4 drivers for the N900. Just obtain off the phone through Nokia Customer Care as well as to my <sarcasm>shock</sarcasm> they had no sign why it wasn't working. I know it was working completely concerning a half-year ago with Nokia PC Suite, the drivers be on Windows inform IIRC but now they are nowhere to be establish. Apparently Ovi 3.0 will resolve this but it’s nowhere to be found (being a beta and all) so anyone have any suggestion for this post then please reply me. Should I use PC suite for this? Please give your thoughts.

OVI suite works very well with my phones (N900, N8 & E52). I just favor Nokia PC Suite since it is a lot more organized and the layout is great. With OVI Suite there are too a lot of things going on on the display at one time. As if the problems persist then you will require the PC Suite? It doesn't need any registration, if I keep in mind correctly, and Map Loader does effort if you get it installed, as well as the device is voluntarily recognized, and updating firmware never unsuccessful. For Flasher-3.5 is concerned? Simply flashes the firmware, but it is very good at it.