Thread: How to boot from USB using extras-devel

How to boot from USB using extras-devel

Hello friends, I would like to know that is it possible to boot directly through the usb using the Extras-Devel software. I have heard that this is somewhat possible but I don't how to do this, so some one who have done this before please help me to know who we can boot using the usb. Please provide with complete precise information as I don't want to damage any of my devices.

Re: How to boot from USB using extras-devel

Hey I guess that do boot it using the USB that is the U-boot we need to create a FAT partition that is we have to first format the usb using the FAT-partion file system and then we will be able to boot the system using U-boot. Also, before this we have to even convert the MeeGo kernel file to an uImage and then insert that uImage to the file system that you have created in order to boot it successfully. I hope that this will solve your problem.

Hey I think that we will also be able to boot using the usb by directly downloading the ready made easily available uImage from the official site of the Meego and save that images into the usb. I think that this solution will definitely work because the Uboot process is to erase the operating system and install a new one. So if you want you can use this solution to see whether it works for you or not.

Hey as far as I am concerned I don't think so that you should carry out the u-boot process with the help of Extras-Devel because it has come into my notice that this software is having some problem and can case serious threat to our data as well computer. The company has even placed a special warning notice about this software that we should only use this software at our own risk as it is not complete. So I think you should not go on doing u-boot using this software.

Hey friends I think that we can also flash to a UBoot attached to power kernel version, so as to skip the stock kernel. Also, as this gets completed we can most likely set Titan's kernel at someplace other than this and can boot into that whenever we want to. This can also help you all to uboot using the Extras-devel.