Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-01-2011

Configuring Extra-Devel for N900

Hello friends I ma using this Nokia N900 for quite sometime now and recently I have heard that there is application called Extra-Devel that helps us to search and install various applications directly at a single click. I have downloaded the application from it site and have installed successfully, but when I tried running the application it prompted me for configuring the application. So I went through the configuration as the way that was suggested there. But still after the configuration I am unable to fully load the application. So someone who has used this application recently please help me to overcome this problem, I am curiously waiting for the reply.
Old 17-01-2011

Re: Configuring Extra-Devel for N900

Hey dear friend I got the same error and I have even reported the same problem to the company and they told me that the Extra-Devel software is having some bugs in it and have suggested me to wait and not to use this software for now. They even informed me that they will be coming up with the new improved version of this software that will surely function properly. So as of now we can only do one thing that to wait and let the company take the necessary action to make the application proper so that we will be able to run it smoothly on our mobile phones.
Old 17-01-2011

Hey I think that why don't you reinstall the software and see if it works for you or not. The existing software that you have downloaded might contain some improper files and that is the reason why you are getting this kind of error while running the software. So one of the thing that you can do is that again download and install the same software and then see if it gets your problem solved. Also, if possible than you can even search for some update of this software and upon finding one it is recommended that you must obtain the update so that the software can function normally and smoothly. I hope that one of the above mentioned solution does help you in solving your problem.
Old 17-01-2011

Looks like this is a universal problem as even I am facing the same problem using this software but in slightly different manner. Whenever, I try to run this software I am continuously getting the error message saying "no hash entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists.new/repository.extras-devel_dists_fremantle_Release". Now this is osmething unsuall and I really don't know what this error means so if some one who have an adequate knowledge about this please give the necessary suggestion to counter this problem, I am in a real hurry in using this software as soon as possible.
Old 18-01-2011

Hello friends this is to inform all of you that the original website from were we have downloaded this software have pasted a warning for all of us saying that " The software is not ready for normal users and have requested that we should not use this software until and unless we really know what we are doing". Also they have stated that the software can even affect your data so it is important that while using this we should first take a backup copy of all our existing data so as to ensure security. So please I request you that they have done their home work for informing us that we should not use this software and unfortunately some of us have broke the line by not reading carefully or avoiding the facts and important notice.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,