Thread: Android 2.1 on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 cannot pair with car

Android 2.1 on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 cannot pair with car

I really regret of having the Android 2.1 installed on the cell phone. I was having Android 1.6 and that was really working with the full functionality on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. When it was running the Android 1.6 I have seen that there was really hardly any issue with the connection. My phone use to get paired with my car; but now I have seen that when I have inserted Android 2.1 the pairing simply cannot take place. I have seen the issue on the process. I have seen that it on giving the try says connection failed and then after this attempts to make the connection. So please let me know if there is any way by which I can have the pairing functionality to work in my case and that too with no much issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Android 2.1 on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 cannot pair with car

On the very first note let me tell you I think that this update that has been released by Sony Ericsson is little buggy; or I would say that it is not fully functional and hence are getting the issue. It will be simply great if you can have the roll back and see if you can have back the Android 1.6 on your cell phone back. Please make this and let me know if you were really successful with the things that I have mentioned above.

When it come to pairing the cell phone to the car assets I have even seen the issue and especially I have seen the case that it is with Android 2.1. So it will be better if you can just go to the downgrade of the operating system of the cell phone and see if the issue can be really solved after this. I think that it will be simply great if you can go with this here. Simply to end the things I will say that the android 2.1 simply misses this functionality and hence you might be getting the issue. Please see if you want this functionality back then it will be better if you can have the Android 1.6 back in your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 back again. Hope this will really solve the issue of yours and you will enjoy the pairing the cell phone with your car.

If you ask for my opinion it will be simply great if you can have the installation of the update again and this time please see for the steps below so that you may not miss on anything else. You can go to the official site of the Sony Ericsson and then you can have the installation of the Update Service. For this you will be required to first download the Update Service Package and you will get the link for the same there. Install it and then after connecting the cell phone to the system just run the Update Service and see if you can have the updates installed for your cell phone there.

If you are having the issue with the Android 2.1 and you want to get rid of the same then you can simply go with the reset option. Please see that you go with the hard Reset so that the issues and the Phone can be sent back to the previous version. Please while going with this step make sure that you have the back up for all the data with you. After making the back up you will be required to press the Power Button and then choose the Power Off option there. Once you are done with this then you will be required to press and hold the keys that are beneath the Display. Keep holding the Keys and then press the leave the Power button for once. Follow the instructions that come to your screen and see that the reset complete successfully.

I think that it will be simply great if you can have a further update and see if that can really solve the issue of yours. Please make the backup of all the data at first and then proceed with the things here. You will be required to install latest Froyo 2.2 Rom from XDA Developers. While going with this make sure that you install this operating system in the Memory Card and at the same time please make sure that you are going with the ROOT option. Try this and see if this really solves the issues. Well there are chances that the issue may get solved but if not done properly then there are also chances that your warranty may also get hit with this step. So please go with the steps wisely. Let me know with which steps did you go.