Thread: PSX4All Maemo Edition for N900

PSX4All Maemo Edition for N900

I have the cell phone with me and it is Nokia N900. No big issues with the cell phone. The only thing is that I want to play games on it and that too the one that are played on the Play Stations. I had read about the PSX4All that was released within the Maemo Edition for Nokia N900. Please let me know if this can be brought in action so that I can have the desired thing working for me. I would like to play the game on the 3.5 inch touch-sensitive widescreen display. Also please let me know how I can have the PSX4All installed on Nokia N900. No doubt the cell phone is a lot better piece and I have not yet come up with any issues so far. I will be really glad if you all can come up with the solution in this case for me.

Re: PSX4All Maemo Edition for N900

I had also read an article and hence thought that it will be great if you also can have a look at the same here. The article that was there on the internet was saying that the PSX4ALL is released and it is basically an emulator for the Playstation. It is hooked up with the Maemo. The new feature that it includes is of use of the PulseAudio sound backend and in addition to this it incorporates HAA display. With these new features in the pocket it makes the resolution to the suitable level so that the games can be played on the cell phones. In case of the Nokia N900 I have seen that it scales the native resolution to somewhat 640×480 resolution. The emulator makes use of the Maemo osso-games-startup.

I am of the opinion that it is the time to bring in the PSX4All to be installed and if you are not aware how you can have this then here are the steps that you will be required to go with. On the first note let me tell you that the PSX4All is the Play Station Emulator that is available for the Nokia N900. First of all you will be required to get the PSX4m downloaded and installed. You can have this downloaded from the link here: Download PSX4m. After this you will be required to go under the latest version and then you will be required to make a click on the link that is present next to the File. You will get the latest version of this thing from that link. I am of the opinion that it is psx4m_0.4.1_armel.deb. Run it on your mobile screen and in addition to this follow the instructions that appear on your screen. Once you get the things working successfully then you will be required to see for this file: scph1001.bin. Please put this in the N900 folder. For this file scph1001.bin you can make a search on Google.

Hey, well it is fine that you are having the PSX4All with you there. But in addition to this it will be simply great if you all can help me installing the same here. I think that I have been caught up with some sort of issue here. Please help me with the things and let me know how can be out of this issue here. I am not able to have the Applications of mine from the App List. What is wrong here with the things. I wanted to play Need For Speed on the Nokia N900. Please let me know if this is at all possible here. Will be glad if this can be accomplished for me.

For those who are not aware about the PSX4All then let me have the things cleared regarding it. Well it is basically a CLI. It is a Command Line Interface and if you are not able to see the menu icon for it then let me tell you that it has no menu icon for itself. It is always played via the Command Line. If you want to run this using the Keyboard Shortcuts then you will be required to press the Shift + Ctrl + X keys. In addition to this let me tell you that there are more than this emulator but yet this one is preferred since it is much faster than the other ones. So if you are having the CMD shortcuts for the same then no time will be wasted. Hope that the things that I have explained are really helpful to you. Hope that you will really like it.

If you are having the issue with the installation of the steps that have been presented above then you can try to go with an alternate way. In order to proceed with the steps you will be required to have first a software downloaded called as rootsh. Well this software can be found in the app manager. Well if you are unable to have the same from the app manager then you can get the same from the site below: LINK. Open up the terminal and write the following command there: sudo gainroot and run this. Hope that this can really help you.