Thread: cannot unlock the screen after updating to android 2.1 in sony xperia x8

cannot unlock the screen after updating to android 2.1 in sony xperia x8

I have recently upgraded my sony phone. I have a sony ericsson xperia x8. I have successfully upgraded my operating system to android 2.1 and I am very happy about it. I am facing some problem especially with the unlocking of the screen due to which I cannot go to the home screen. So what do you think what can be the problem here. My installation was successful and when I opened the phone after the update I was unable to unlock the screen. Now what can be the reason behind it? So if you have any solutions then do let me know.

Re: cannot unlock the screen after updating to android 2.1 in sony xperia x8

Well this can be the problem after a fresh installation of the operating system. So it is always advisable to switch off the mobile and then start it again. Remove your battery and put it again. Just try this basic steps and if the problem is not solved with it then you will have to perform some complex operations such as resetting the phone. So just try with this basic step and if you are not getting the result then I will tell you the details for the other operations that you can try with it.

I would advise you to reinstall the software using the sony ericsson update service so you can try with that method also in case that if that method did not work well then I would advise you to do a hard reset operation of the mobile. Well that can be done by pressing the left and the right button and the power button at one time. By doing that you will be able to do a hard reset operation of the phone. Well you can try with this solution by keeping the necessary back up of all the data. Try with the methods that I have specified and do let me know whether you are able to unlock the screen.

If you are new to the phone then I would advice you to read the manual properly for the unlocking of the screen it is quite different in the x8. So do have a thorough reading of the manual of the phone it will definitely help you. In case you did not get any solution reading the manual and also if you are not getting the solution by trying all the solutions that are specified above. Then the only solution would be to contact the service center people for the problem. They will be able to solve your problem and will get back to you with the desired solution.

Well your solutions have helped me. I want to say that after the software update I was able to unlock my screen successfully. I think sony phones must try and find some solutions for these kind of problem. I have read about the updates problem of the sony phones after updating to 2.1. so I think sony people must think of some steps such that this issue can be solved accordingly. Anyways thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given it has really helped me.