Thread: cannot find contacts in Xperia X10 after updates

cannot find contacts in Xperia X10 after updates

I have recently upgraded my sony Xperia X10 and let me tell you the process was totally successful. I did not find any complications while upgrading. The small problem that I have faced is I could not get any contacts. The important parts is that my log directory is totally fine and all the call details with proper number and the name is being displayed but there is no contacts with the name given In the contacts list. Now why is this happening? Why I cannot see my contacts? I thought you might be having some knowledge regarding this topic so that’s why I am posting here. Hope you will get back to me with the appropriate solution.

Re: cannot find contacts in Xperia X10 after updates

I have a solution for your problem. Well what you can do is go to the contacts and open your phonebook and in the top you will get to see some graphic. I think that graphic must be of 3 people so go and tap on that graphic. That’s graphic is for the group contacts and also check whether your all contacts option is checked or not. If it is not checked then do try checking it. In case it is checked then do uncheck it and check it again and press ok. That will probably refresh your page. So do try this option and let me know if it works or not.

I think the backup and the restore option that you used for the sony phone might be having some problem. So ensure that you use new applications that are suited for the new android operating system 2.1. Many of the old applications that are used for the back up and restore as well do give problems like that. So ensure that you have the necessary applications required for the backup and restore then only go with the upgradation. So hope you have understood what I am trying to say.

Well your problem might be due to the storage of all the contacts in the sim card. So that’s why it may not be showing in the card memory. So I would advice you to move the contacts or import the contacts from the sim card to the memory card or the phone memory. This can also be a case here. So do give it a try. Hope you must be knowing the method to import the contacts. Just try with this method and let me know if it works or not.

I think the problem was due to the wrong application that I used for the operating system that I am using. It seems that the application for backup and restore were for the 1.6 operating system or any of the earlier versions. After reading your suggestions I got the idea of that possibility. Anyways there is nothing that I can do I will have to add all the contacts in the phone memory again. It would be a very difficult task. Anyways thanks for responding to my query.