Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Login into Maemo as user using SSH

Portable Devices

Old 16-01-2011

Login into Maemo as user using SSH

Well I am having a query and I have decided to discuss with you all and I hoping that you will definitely help me to solve the matter. Well I want know whether I can connect to device with using the default pass. How can I do the same with SSH user account and using n900ip? Please suggest me if you are having any solution with you. Your response will be highly appreciated. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks in advance.

Old 16-01-2011

Re: Login into Maemo as user using SSH

First of all I let you know that I am not having any idea of the solution for this particular query. Well I can let you know something about SSH. Well SSH stands for Secure Shell. SSH is a network protocol which helps you to access terminal which is located at remote location. It?s usually used in scenario where application requires better network connectivity. It?s also used as an alternative for forwarding, tunneling purpose. It is also used for administration of computer which is remotely located over the secure network connection rather than of plain text.
Old 16-01-2011

Well looking at your query I am suggesting you that you should use the following. I think you have to unlock your account and set a password for the same. Well run the terminal as root and copy paste the following command on the terminal.

passwd ?u user

passwd user

Using above mentioned command you will be able to SSH into your phone as user. I think you should try it I think it will definitely solve your problem.
Old 16-01-2011

I don?t have any solution about your problem but I know something that I wanted to share with you. OpenSSH is a popular Client and Server package. You can normally find this package into Extras. You can install both client-server or anyone from both according to your requirement. Well it will take little bit time to install and it is possible that the system may get freeze during this process since SSH keys are produced during the installation process. During this process server will prompt you for the password and you have to set new password for the same.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,