Thread: Unable to install vpnc-gui

Unable to install vpnc-gui

Well I wanted install vpnc-gui for vpnc but I was unable to do the so. It prompts that it requires dependency from location package of the Maemo menu. I have done quick check by using apt-get but there was no such application available at the specified location. I really needed vpnc-gui application on my phone so that I can easily load PCF file. Anyone having solution to overcome from this situation will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Re: Unable to install vpnc-gui

Well I was having the same problem while installing vpnc-gui on my phone. I have concluded with the following information. Well I have founded that the location maemo->select->menu->location is out of dated. I think it should be deleted from the SDK. Aslo it should be erased from the all repositories. Well I am really apologizes I don’t have any proper fix for your problem. Any way thanks for understanding.

Well I having a solution to install vpnc-gui on your phone I think you should try it and see whether it helps you or not. Well I think you should try to install vpnc-gui by using Extra-devel. I think its temporary solution for your problem. You will not be able to import .pch file. However you will be able to extract information from the file. Also you can use vpnc-gui to obfuscated password. I hoep it will help you to solve the problem.

Well you can make possible the installation of vpnc-gui if package is available in the device of the someone. You can recreate deb-file by installing dpkg-repack on your phone. Now perform ‘dpkg-repack maemo-select-menu-location’ which in result makes the package available. I think you can use this solution for the time being. Let me know whether this solution was helpful to you or not.

I was having the same problem that you have mentioned in your post. Well I have directly contacted the developer of the package just two days before regarding the problem. In return they have updated the package and now it’s working properly. I have installed the vpnc-gui without any trouble also I am able to connect with default VPN network. I really want to appreciate developers for the service provided.