Thread: Upgrade firmware to 2.1. on Xperia x10

Upgrade firmware to 2.1. on Xperia x10

I am using Sony ericsson’s XPERIA x10. I tried to upgrade my firmware from older version to 2.1 versions. I tried to download applications but no luck. They gave me error regarding security. Also, there are no unknown sources available in my application settings. I only have applications and development. What can I do? Is there 2.1 firmware version that I can upgrade? Can you tell me how to do that?

Re: Upgrade firmware to 2.1. on Xperia x10

I think you need to install all files and applications from your own pc but you need your phone rebooted. For rebooting you need to install some applications from trusted provider in android market. Here is a list of applications that you need to download first:-
    • Busybox
    • Z4root
    • Titanium backup

After downloading all essential applications like busybox, z4root, and titanium backup. First install and run z4root with Superuser permission, than install busybox and run it, tap install and wait till it says done. After that install titanium Backup this is nothing but a file manager that allows you to delete applications as well as creating backup of them. Now restart your headset. After that install download wonder machine to your pc. Once installed connect your phone with USB and make the debugging enabled. You can turn on debugging on your headset by following steps given below:-
    • Settings
    • Applications
    • Development
    • And click on Debugging USB

After doing all these things run DWM, and simply select your .apk files from pc and install on your phone.

If you upgrade your firmware to new version of 2.1 that was released on 21st December, than there is a possibility of losing all root access and phone will be locked. ATT don’t allow downloading few key essential things that you need to update. For avoiding these first download es file explorer. This will allow backup of your applications to your SD card. Backup your contacts in the phonebook itself and restore them later. Inside phonebook press backup under menu or Export contacts, select to SD card, this will back them up in one .vcf file, after that just reverse the process and import all data from sd card to vcf file.