Thread: Double resolution and retina Display in ipad 2

Double resolution and retina Display in ipad 2

I have heard that n now with an update regarding the iBooks app, which contain images with x2 iPad 1st Generation resolution. The x2 have a resolution of 2048x1536, with the iPad presently having a resolution for 1024x768. previous year when the iPhone 4 was launched with the Retina display, some thing was finished with the apps, they doubled in size of pixels. Apps that do not provide any sort of support of the Retina display, has a x2 size on the iPhone 4. Could the iPad 2 still cover a possibility of getting a Retina display? I am in doubt about all this talks and discussions? Please help me out for this question .

Re: Double resolution and retina Display in ipad 2

If the iPad 2 in fact arrives with a native display resolution of 2048x1536 That would be absurd, way over 1080p on a 10" screen? Ever heard of complete overkill? You only have to wipe out a zombie's brain to kill it, you don't have to cut into pieces ,. There is only so much resolution the human eye can recognize at a few distances, and no one can recognize that much resolution from that remoteness. Apart from that there isn't even any video content to seize benefit of that resolution obtainable on iTunes or anyplace commercially.

The only cause I can perceive Apple doing somewhat like this is to try and squash the competition that is looming right around here . Apple can be reasonably insistent when it comes to holding onto a front in the market. I am not certain about such a high resolution, but for a little reason I consider the iPad 2 will be extra than just an incremental upgrade.If they do knock the resultion, does that signify we will have to initiate buying HD2x apps at 4x the cost of the iPhone apps??

I have the same opinion that would way more resolution than required. While I wouldn't position it past Apple to do somewhat like this in the prospect, I completely don't see this happening with the subsequent generation iPad either.2048x1536 on a 9.7" display would be ridiculous and remote further than what is found on 17" MacBook pros with the HD antiglare screens, considering the pixel thickness required for a screen almost half the size of the mbp17.

What type of power would a screen like this make use of? And the cost would have to increase at least a minimal amount right? Wouldn't it be much cheaper for them to keep the same resolution and just add a USB port to impress us users? If they use this screen, it would be a wonder for them to maintain the $499 price tag. I think the next nearby thing in display size would be the 1080p 13" Sony Vaio Z that is a $2000 laptop.

The only cause I don’t see this being factual is that its absurd and it doesn't put down much development room for Apple for the iPad3. Apple is going to be be fighting for the tablet market like passionate come 2012, and I can't envision their big draw being a USB port on the iPad 3. I'm not telling that this type of resolution is not possible on a 9.7, but extremely improbable for something commercially launched in 2011.