Thread: my sony ericsson xperia x10 can't read contacts from sim

my sony ericsson xperia x10 can't read contacts from sim

I’ve a sony ericsson xperia x10 mobile phone. I brought this mobile phone recently and inserted my old sim card in it. When I go to contact list it shows “cannot read contact from sim”. Before inserting the sim card I’ve upgraded my phone with android 2.1. I’ve very important contact in that sim card. Tell me how can I get my old contacts back. please tell me some tips for getting all my contact back. Are my contacts have been lost ?. please tell me what to do, please help me.

Re: my sony ericsson xperia x10 can't read contacts from sim

You don’t need to worry, you can get all your contacts back. If you have not deleted all your contacts manually from your sim card, then you’ll get all your contacts back. check your sim card by putting in some other phone, if you can see all your contact in that phone, then surely you can get your contacts back. You can also see your contacts by connecting your mobile to pc via data cable wire. You can view all your contacts and messages which is stored in your phone memory and sim memory.

I think this problem is occurring due to upgradation. You said you have upgraded your mobile to android 2.1, but you have not specify the version which you are using before this. I’m not sure about the problem, it may be some sim related problem, but I think if it is a sim problem then it should also occur in other mobile. Try to check your sim by putting in other mobile. If your sim shows all your contact then surely it is not a sim problem. Try to contact your mobile service center they will tell you the exact cause of problem.

I don’t think it is a sim problem , it is definitely something wrong with your mobile. If your sim shows all contacts in your pc when you connect it then definitely nothing wrong with your sim, but also check your sim card by putting it in some other phone, you’ll easily diagnose the problem. I think you should try this to resolve your problem: go to phonebook in your mobile phone-> press left key->contact to view and choose. Hope this will work for you. If it does’nt work for you then you can contact to your nearest service center of your mobile phone, if you have any problem in sim card, then you can contact to your network operator.