Thread: Failing to connect with Maemo repositories

Failing to connect with Maemo repositories

I don’t where is the problem? Well I am having Nokia N900 with me and I have installed Maemo on my phone. Well I am unable to update catalogs from the repositories. Well I should little elaborate. It fails to update Maemo-extras and Maemo extras-devel. I have no idea to solve the issue. If you are facing the same problem please tell me also if you have any clue about the problem please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Failing to connect with Maemo repositories

Well looking at your situation I think thing is not working due to some technical reason. Most probable when you are try to connect the repositories it is possible that repositories might be down. In my case I was having 404 not found error while I was try to connecting repositories. So I thought server of repositories might be down. So I am suggesting you that you should wait for some time and reattempt to connect with repositories. It worked for me in my case.

I was having the same problem while i was trying to updating the repositories. I tried many thing to solve the matter but all of my efforts was fruitless. I had also searched on the Google to see whether some solution is available or not but it was also fruitless. Finally i tried to format the memory card but it doesn't worked for me. Now i am really helpless in this situation. I am really frustrated please help me out.

Well as far as your problem is concerned i think there is something wrong with extras-devel and extras-testing. I think you should try to update repositories after disabling both extras-devel and extras-testing. Both the packages should not be enabled at a time. I think there something goes wrong when both the packages are enabled at the same time. So you should disable any one from the two and try to update repositories.

I am having two different solutions in order to solve the problem. Well I am suggesting you to that you should disable the Wi-Fi and try to connect with internet using wired network. It is possible that there is some fault with Wi-Fi. Also I am suggesting you to that you should do refresh. Well now question is how to refresh? Well simply browse to Application manager now enter in to Download and now click on middle to so that you can get menu. Now simply click on Refresh. I am hoping using any of suggestion will be helpful to you.