Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 cannot receive SMS

Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 cannot receive SMS

I have the cell phone here with me and I was really happy with the cell phone and the performance that it was giving here. Please let me know what can be issue that I am having here. I really want to get out of the issue. I have seen that I can have the message to be send and can see the message that are sent; but when I try to go with receiving the message then I simply cannot have that working. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 cannot receive SMS

Well let me tell you that this is the issue that you are getting because of the update that you might have done on the cell phone. Please let me know if you have done that. If that is really the scene then it will be great if you can have the update uninstalled and see if that can really solve the issue that you are stuck with here. Do this and then let me know if what I have suggested really helps you with the things here.

Please let me know if you are having the issue in receiving the message here. Please make a check on the SIM card and see if there is no damage made to the SIM card. As I have the same issue here in my case and was using my older SIM card and it was little bit filled from one side and because of which I was not able to have the message sent. So if you are also using the same old card then you can make a check on this there. See if you get the same issue when you are inserting some other SIM card. It is not always the Phone that can be hold responsible for this issue.

It can be the issue because of the said reason above. If that is the case then it will be simply great if you can have a check on the software that are running on the cell phone and then you can see if the issue can be simply solved with the issue that I have mentioned here. Do one thing just try to uninstall all the applications that you have lately installed and see with the installation of which you can see the issue getting repeated here.

Try to do one thing. If you have installed the update and if you are having the issues then just uninstall it and then follow the procedure below so that you can have the updates installed for you again. Install Update Service from the website of Sony Ericsson. Download it and then by making a double click on the installation file get it installed. Then connect the USB cable to the cell phone and the System. Then RUN Update Service. Follow the instructions that come to your screen. Hope that making the updates in this manner will be able to work for you there.

If you want to make the cell phone reset and want it to work in the manner that you actually want. Then here is the step that you can go with. Press the Power Button. Then press the Left and Right buttons that are present below the Display. Now holding both the keys there you will be required to press the Power button again. Now again see for the instructions that appear on your screen. The reset will put back the cell phone to the previous settings.