Thread: How to update, make backup restore on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

How to update, make backup restore on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

I have the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. Now I have heard that the Android 2.1 is released. Can you please let me know how I can have the update installed on the cell phone? Also please let me know how I can have the update done here. Please let me know what are the steps that I will be required to go with. In addition to this also let me know what are the things that I will be required to install. Instruct me how I can make the BACKUP and if anything goes wrong what is the procedure following which I can have the RESTORE of the cell phone.

Re: How to update, make backup restore on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

Well I think that you will be able to have the updates for you in a pretty handy manner. Also in addition to this let me tell you that in order to have this done you will be required to see if you have the updates i.e. Android 2.1 available for your country. Well this is the foremost criteria that you will be required to have. If you do not have these criteria fulfilled then there is no meaning in proceeding with the further things. Have a check done for this on the first note and then let me know if you can make the proceedings. Let me get notified if you get caught with some sort of trouble.

Well if you have the above criteria specified then you can go to the Sony Ericsson website and then can have the download of Update Service. Well you will be able to have this by clicking on the Download link that is available on the Sony Ericsson website. Get this downloaded on your computer. After you are done with this then you will be required to go with the installation. You will be required to make a double click on the installation file. After that just follow the instructions that appear on your screen. Now connect the cell phone with the system of yours using the Data Cable. Run the Update Service on the system. Just try to follow the instructions that are there on the screen and let me know if you were able to have the updates.

I am of the opinion that you have got the clear idea of how you can have the updates installed for you. Well if there is any more issue then you can see for the steps again. I am here to discuss about the other part of the Query. It is related to the Backup. So here are the steps that after following you will have all the issues solved. You can make use of the Backup and restore application that can back up all the required data. For going with this you will be required to go to the Home screen, and then see for the Backup and restore option and then tap it. Now in that you will be required to tap the Restore option and select the file that you want to make back up of. Tap Continue option and then finally choose the Restore data. Now in order to restore the things you will be required to tap the RESTORE option. Tap Install and you will have the back up data installed for you.

Hope that you will see all the things running in your case in a wonderful manner and in case if anything goes wrong then you can simply go with the cell phone getting reset. Here are the steps that you will be required to follow: Go to the Home screen and there you will be required to press the Menu option. After this you will be required to go in the Setting. Under the settings select the Privacy option and then make a tap on the Factory data reset option. After this you will be required to choose the Reset phone and then finally choose the Yes and then have the RESET on your phone. This will just put back the phone to its default behavior. So I think that it will really help you in the most devastating situation.

Well these are things that you will be required to follow so that all the issues that you are having here can be solved and if at all you are having any trouble with the updates or with the software that you have on the cell phone then it will be simply great if you can have the HARD RESET on your cell phone and then proceed with the other steps. Sometime any software or virus or some malicious program or some settings can cause you issues in the updates and hence I think that it is the best way to get out of the issue here.