Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X 10 2.1 Update failed

Sony Ericsson Xperia X 10 2.1 Update failed

I had purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and had Android 1.6 in it. SO after hearing that there is an update available for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10; I thought that it will be good to have the Android 2.1 installed in the cell phone. I even went for the installation of the Android 2.1 on the cell phone. After giving the start it was observed that the update was failing. I gave it a try for more than once but each time I have seen that the updates are not getting completed. Please let m e know what can be issue with this. Will be happy to know if there is any solution for my case.

Re: Sony Xperia X 10 2.1 Update failed

It seems that the cell phone o f yours does not need the updates or let me say that you are forcefully trying to have the updates in your case. So it will be better if you can just at the first see if you r cell phone is accepting any kind of the updates. The other thing that it seems to me that can be issue is that the update Android 2.1 might not be available and hence you are getting the issue. Please let m e know where you are at the moment; I mean to ask which is the country in which you are present at the moment. Hope that the country has the updates available.

You need to install the things for you again and this time see if you can succeed. Just do one thing. Go to the Sony Ericsson site and there go to the Update Service section and get the Update Service downloaded using the Download link there. After that you will be required to get the thing installed and then follow the instruction that comes to your screen. After installing the things you will be required to connect the cell phone to the system using the USB cable. Start the Update Service on your PC. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen and see if you can have the things working well in your case there. Give this a one more try and let me know if what I have said really is the thing there.

I am of the opinion that you will be required to have the updates installed in your case in the clean manner. Well it will be great if you can have the mobile phone of yours RESET and then go with the updates. Press and hold the Power button for two seconds; and then choose the Power off option from the various options that you get on the screen. Press the Left and Right buttons that are there under the Display. Now press and then leave the Power button while pressing the Left and Right buttons under the Display. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X 10 2.1 Update failed

I really think that the other issue that you might be getting will be because of the low batter of the cell phone. Well when you are going with the updates it is extremely required that you have the Phone of yours powered up so that you might not get stuck at any step while going with the updates. Please see for this and let me know if what I have mentioned here can really clear the issue that I have pointed out here.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X 10 2.1 Update failed

It seems that the Cell Phone of yours must be hit with the malicious software and hence can be creating the issue for the update. SO on the suggestion it will be pretty nice if you can have the cell phone scanned against a good and an updated antivirus and then see if this can clear the issue with which you are struggling. So have this done and give a try to the things and let me know if what I have said really goes in your way.