Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 runs Android 1.6 even after installing Android 2.1

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 runs Android 1.6 even after installing Android 2.1

I just installed Android 2.1 for the smart phone of mine. I think that I was able to make the update and was able to have the successful installation of the same. After arranging the things in the proper manner I have seen that I cannot simply have the performance enhanced of the cell phone. It seems that it is running the same older Android 1.6 here. I really followed the instructions that I got from the Internet but I really cannot have the things working in my case. Please let me know what I need to do so that I can have the Android 2.1 working in my case.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 runs Android 1.6 even after installing Android 2.1

Well it seems that you had followed the instructions but you were not able to have the updates in your case installed for you. Well it will be really well if you can have the reinstallation of the updates again and see if what I have said is really the things there. Go to the Sony Ericsson Website and see if you can have the installation of the updates in your case there. Well in addition to this please see that you have the updates available so that you can have them installed. It may be like that you might not have the 2.1 update in your country. Also it may be like that the Operator there might be missing the same there. Please let me know which is the country in which you are present at the moment? Please let me know about the same in your next post.

Please follow the instructions below and get the Android 2.1 installed for your cell phone. Well I am of the opinion that this update is available with and is available in almost all the countries. So here is the thing that you will be required to follow. Go to the Sony Ericsson website and then get the Update Service by clicking on the Download link. On the installation file make a double click and proceed with the installation as soon as the download gets finished. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen. After the installation you will be required to connect the cell phone to the System with the USB cable. RUN the Update Service that is there on the PC. Follow the instructions on the screen and then see if you can get all the things completed within 15 minutes.

If you are using the some other operating system and if the above steps do not go in your way then here are the steps that you can go with. Go to the Sony Ericsson Website and then download PC Companion from Sony Ericsson. After that you will be required to make a double click on the installation file. Using the USB cable connects the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. After that you will have to launch the PC Companion application. If there will be any update available then PC Companion will take care of the same. Follow the instructions that you see on the screen and then let m e know if what I have said is true here. Hope that the instructions that I have given here will really help you there.

It will be great if you can simply have the cell phone of yours Hard Rest. Then after this you will be able to have the things working well in your case. It may happen that you will be required to do this so that if any of the software might be not allowing you to have the updates. So here is the thing that you can go with. As the beginning you will have to press and hold the Power button for two seconds. Then you will be required to choose the Power off option. Under the Display you will be required to press the Left and Right buttons. While pressing the Left and Right buttons you will be required to press and then leave the Power button. After this you will be required to follow the instructions that you see on the screen. Hope that this will really make the difference.

It seems to me that you cannot have the update for you as it might be not available in your country and hence you might be getting the issue. Well if all the above steps really do not go in your way then it will be really nice if you can wait for the arrival of the updates in your country. Hope that you are not having any further issues and if you are having then it will be solved with the steps that had been given above. Please let me know about the same.