Thread: Cannot restore Backup on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 after updating to 2.1

Cannot restore Backup on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 after updating to 2.1

I have Sony Ericsson Xperia X8; and let me tell you all here that I had managed to make the backup of the mobile phone. I had heard that there was an update available; so I managed to install Android 2.1 for the cell phone. Now the issue with which I am in trouble here is that I cannot have the backup in again the mobile phone. Please let me know if there is anyway by which I can have the data in the cell phone and that too with no such issues.

Re: Cannot restore Backup on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 after updating to 2.1

It seems to me that there is an issue with the backup that you might have installed and hence you are getting the issue here. It will be really great if you can see the steps below and see if you had not missed on any of the following. After making the installation of the Android 2.1; I have not seen anyone coming up with the complaints. Let me know if there are the things on which you all are missing here. Go to the Home screen. Tap Backup as well as Restore. After this you will have to choose the Backup and then select Add new. After this you will be required to choose the content field and when you are done with this then you will have to enter a name for which you are backing file. Select the Carry On. After the completion of this you will be required to wait for the installation to get complete and then finally tap the Continue option.

You have mentioned that you have the back up with you. So if this is the case then it will be better if you can have the updates installed again on you cell phone and see if you can get out of the issue here. Here is the thing. First of all go to the Sony Ericsson website and there pay a visit to the Update Service there. Once you are done with this you will be required to download it and for that you can click on the Download link that is there. After the file is downloaded you will be required to make the double click on the set up file. Now after this you will have to make use of the USB cable. Connect the cell phone to the PC with the USB. Now start the Update Service on your PC. Now you will have to see for the instructions that come to your screen. See if what I have said is correct here. Please try to go with the things in the clean manner so that the further issues can be avoided.

I am of the opinion that you are having the issues with the Android 2.1 and hence it will be better if you can have the reset of the phone and then have the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 to work with the default behavior i.e. have the default software and the applications running there. After this you will be required to see if you can have the backup restored on the cell phone here. GO with this and let m e know if what I have said is really true. Let me know about the progress when you will be proceeding with the steps there. Try this and let me get notified about the progress.

Well I am of the opinion that it will be simply great if you can go with the things here. Well that is fine in addition to the things that have been suggested I would like you to see if you can have the rest on the cell phone and then install the Android 2.1 and finally have the backup installed on your cell phone. Here is the thing that you will be required to go with. Tap the Menu option that is there on the Home Screen. After this you will be required to make a tap on the Settings and then select the Privacy. Then finally you will have to select the Factory data reset. Finally choose the Reset phone option. If it will ask for the password please give it there. Hope that you will be served in a better manner after following the procedure given here.

I have been with the updates and let me tell you that on the other handsets this update is working really in a fine manner but when it comes to the Sony Ericsson handsets I have seen that they just simply cannot go with this here. IN my suggestion it will be great if you can just have the updates uninstalled and then wait for some other updates to arrive and after that get it in for the proper functioning. I think that Android 2.3 and Android 3.0 are on the way.