Thread: Samsung R60 Laptop overheating

Samsung R60 Laptop overheating

Recently I bought Samsung laptop of model no Samsung R60 Aura T5450 DURO-CPU with Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.6 GHZ. And this issue is on to the both operating system i.e. on windows xp and on windows vista both the OS. So now the problem is that thing in my opinion, too hot! The temperatures are at low utilization at about 55-65 degree sat full load up to 75. Had the whole thing apart, I cleaned the fan and thermal compound but replaced that problem remains! The CPU looks fine! What is actually controlled? I see nothing in the bios and I have not installed this respect, software, Samsung is also not on it! It is controlled but in any case because I heard at the beginning is slow and only at a higher temperature is really fast and loud. Do any of you have an idea? Could BIOS update help? Am grateful for every tip! Does anyone have any idea where I can get Windows 7 drivers for the device on the Samsung site is unfortunately no!

Re: Samsung R60 Laptop overheating

You mentioned the temperatures are very extreme. If laptops are so hot this is often a mistake in design. Many devices can be cooled with a lot of small slits in combination with powerful hardware not good. The problem is particularly devices which are the slots for the air supply on the bottom. If it is simply a design flaw is you will not do a lot. The best chances are a BIOS update. The BIOS uses the temperature of the temperature sensors and regulates the fan speed. The speed is determined by the speed signal of the fan (3 cables). If the device manufacturer has reworked the fan control so you have to update the bios to get the improvements.

I have read all the issues which you have mentioned in your post and related to this I want to say that for notebooks, the temperatures are usually higher than for desktops. For a desktop I would classify this as critical temperatures, in a notebook, they could still be ok. The control is usually through the BIOS. Therefore, not necessarily something "visible". There are countless other functions of the BIOS, do not appear in the user interface, because I am simply not set. So I think after reading this you will get some idea about it.

Windows Vista and have 7 (as opposed to Windows XP and even older Windows versions) is almost the same driver model. If Vista drivers are available, the chances are pretty good so that they work fine in Windows 7. Otherwise, you can still try it on the websites of the component manufacturers (eg sound or LAN). Specifically, I would advise against the manufacturer of the numerous independent 'driver update' Web sites. Most of them are frivolous. Often the driver will be looking though promised, but there is only spyware, etc. installed.

Thanks first for the answers. I do not think that it is happening because of the design problem? And in this I am unable to imagine that has occurred so suddenly and was not previously so. I have now just check this on windows7 also, as I say now after an five minute ago I have checked it’s temperature and it was 54 degrees! That cannot be true man! Bios update I have made only with the software for gigabyte boards, there's also something from Samsung etc? If not, how do I do?

This may well be. For fan control numerous different chips are used in various ways. SpeedFan is far from clear with all of them. Often people on the advanced settings to achieve something, but this can make no sweeping statement. And here I want to know that what version of Everest you used it? In a three-pin fan connected, it is by no means a PWM-controlled fan. PWM-controlled fans are always connected with four poles. Three pole attached fans are - voltage-controlled - if at all. As I said, the temperatures in a region of a notebook necessarily must be a mistake not to point. A statement to make but it can actually do by Samsung itself.