Thread: Nokia N810 unable to uninstall Mer

Nokia N810 unable to uninstall Mer

I presently purchased Nokia N810 and I installed various software inside it. I also install mer software inside Maemo 5 to get my problem solve for the internet. I m trying to uninstall Mer to give a chance to Mer. is there any way to uninstall it? at this time, its working on my Nokia n810 and is situated on a 4gb micro sd. Is anyone knows how to solve this type of problem, so please let me know so that I can get through this issue.

Re: Nokia N810 unable to uninstall Mer

I'm not relatively convinced what you mean. Mer isn't establish into Maemo, so you can basically eliminate or reformat constrain that Mer is on and you can make use of that drive for whatsoever you'd like after that. You can eliminate the Mer installer from Maemo if you go addicted to the Application Manager as well as get rid of it as you would whichever program. For this you may require to get the help from the boot menu, from there you can easily uninstall the program you require.

You can eliminate the modified boot menu by downloading the most recent Maemo as well as flasher-3.2 utility as well as then flashing the innovative initiatefs to the tablet. To do this, make certain that flasher-3.0 is executable (you can type "chmod a+x flasher-3.0" from terminal) shut down your tablet and then hold downstairs the home switch while striking the power button on the tablet awaiting a little USB icon come into view in the top precise hand place of the tablets display. Then category this command in the incurable of linux (from the similar directory that flasher-3.2 is downloaded to): sudo ./flasher-3.2 -f -F RX-44_DIABLO_5.2010.43-7_PR1_COMBINED_MR1_ARM.bin --flash-only=initiatefs -R

I think that you have to be conscious about installing the Mer because whenever Mer installs it removes most of the data which not related with the Mer. Don’t refash the data on the cell phone. Before doing a reflash, you need take up the backup your data applications as well as things with the Backup/Restore function in the Settings Menu. You can easily do this by going through the settings inside the cell phone Also, make sure anything you don't want being remove, like significant documents, music as well as stuff are all saved on the external Memory card or also inside the computer and afterward replace it back whenever you uninstall the mer.

You to format your memory card with the File Manager if the uninstallation is not completed. If the Mer uninstalls then probably your maemo will also get affected when the Mer is removing. Your cell phone may get hang. So will need to format the whole memory card. I can't live with any bootmenu so I not at all looked into uninstalling it but, if I had to do it forever I could also do that from the application manager. I don't remember for the reflash to uninstall it because that boots only to install mer as well as edit boot-menu. Otherwise, I don't clutter with it.