Thread: Nokia N900 dead, flashing cmt-mcusw...sending request 0x50 failed: No error

Nokia N900 dead, flashing cmt-mcusw...sending request 0x50 failed: No error

I have got the Nokia N900 phone and I am facing some serious problem on this new phone as it gets rebooted automatically. Actually it boots up to the Nokia Screen and then gets reboot. I have tried to flash this device but it shows me an error as "flashing cmt-mcusw... sending request 0x50 failed: No error".

Re: Nokia N900 dead, flashing cmt-mcusw...sending request 0x50 failed: No error

Possibly your phone needs hard reboot which might solves your problem. Actually you need to pull out the battery out of your phone and then keep your phone off for few minutes and then put the battery at its place and then start your phone. Now check that it moves further then that of Nokia screen or not. If it is not going then I guess you have to reinstall the whole Maemo again on your phone.

As your phone is the latest one then you should not open your phone at any ordinary store as it would be voiding your warranty. I suggest you to give a check to your phone from the Nokia Care as they must be knowing the real issue with your phone. As if there would be any major issue then you should claim for replacement of your mobile phone.

Download the flasher who's file name is maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe (Version number may of course change to the top). Now install Flash Leads to the downloaded *. exe and installed the tool from anywhere, which I later can easily be reached by console.

1. Turn off Phone
    2. Remove battery
    3. Nokia N900 connect via USB cable to computer
    4. Put back into the battery unit
    5. Press the "U" button on the N900
    6. Logo appears and stops right above the screen should now see a small USB symbol.
    7. "U" key can now be allowed to go
    8. Console in admin mode start
    Windows button -> search field "CMD" and type in the top right click on cmd.exe -> Run As Administrator
    9. have to cd euer_verzeichnis navigate to the directory into which you just installed the Flash software.
    10. now it leads the flasher from the command:
    flasher-3.5.exe-enable-rd-mode
    11. Console command confirms this and a little extra character appears in the display of N900s
    12. now remove the USB cable, the phone should now boots up and retrieve the date and time, which must share it.
    13th The phone shut down and put the phone back into the USB Service mode. See items 2 to 7!
    14. Now you go back into the console and terminated with the RD command mode:
    flasher-3.5.exe-enable-rd-mode
    15. USB cable from the Nokia N 900 removed. The phone should now reboot normally and the error is fixed!

i can't flash my phone,the phone just show nokia logo and restart unlimited,usb not recognised it,show me to install wizard,select next but cannot install usb mode when plug the phone in pc and not recognized and i can't flash if not recognise it,what something else can to bring it the life again ?there is another solution?

Quote Originally Posted by danielghitan View Post
    i can't flash my phone,the phone just show nokia logo and restart unlimited,usb not recognised it,show me to install wizard,select next but cannot install usb mode when plug the phone in pc and not recognized and i can't flash if not recognise it,what something else can to bring it the life again ?there is another solution?
    Follow the below steps to reflash the nokia n900:

1. Download and install Flasher (maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe).
    2. Download the firmware file and Save to 'c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5\'
    3. Open the command prompt. Start + Run. Type cmd and press Enter.
    4. Change directory to the flasher program.
    Code:
    cd "c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5"
    5. Connect USB cable while pressing 'u' key (details on the wiki)
    6. Run the command on windows is
    Code:
    flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"